MU-MIMO keeps switching off and 2.4ghz wifi issue

2024-05-03 19:28:38 - last edited 2024-05-03 19:30:20
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20240227 rel.33191(4555)

Hi

I noticed there was a firmware update for my router today when I checked.

Before I updated, OFDMA+MU-MIMO was activated on my wireless settings.

Since the firmware update, it reverted to OFDMA only.

I can select the option for OFDMA+MU-MIMO but after saving the settings, it reverts back to OFDMA only.

I have tried rebooting the router and trying to select the option again, to no avail.

Is there a problem with MU-MIMO and its been temporarily disabled in the latest firmware update?

I'm asking because the only reason I went on the router settings is because twice now since I got the router, after about 20-30 days of uptime, all my 2.4ghz wifi devices disconnect (I had no problem for about 4 months after purchase, its been doing this the last 2 month). The 2.4ghz wifi network is showing full strength but when I try to connect it says unavailable/unable to connect. A reboot solves this but it happens again 20-30 days later.

P.s the WiFi issue was on the previous firmware version that come shipped with the router. I havent tried the WiFi on this new firmware version, however I'll have to wait 30 days or so to fully test it. Its just the MU-MIMO issue at the moment.

Many thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:MU-MIMO keeps switching off and 2.4ghz wifi issue
2024-05-03 22:26:57

Just noticed on another thread about the firmware bug causing the MU-MIMO drop out.

However the 2.4ghz problem might still be a problem.

Options
2024-05-06 12:37:46

@Marvin_S I just updated to 1.1.1 Build 20240409 rel.49203(5553) on a different TP-Link Product and looks like it wasn't patched. It still removed me out of MU-MIMO after updating the firmware. Thanks!

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@LiamG91 

Hi, the new firmware is on the way to fix the OFDMA+MU-MIMO issue, please stay tuned and check the firmware update from the official website.

Options
a week ago

@ZandaaTV 

Hi, are you still using this product. We have confirmed that the new firmware will fix the issue and it will be released in the next two weeks.

Thanks for your patience and waiting!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 4

Related Articles