Easy Mesh Backhaul ethernet two BE800's

2024-05-09 01:39:21 - last edited 2024-05-17 03:47:43
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

We have just updated both our BE800's with the easymesh backhaul ethernet compatible firmware (1.1.1).

After a lot of resetting, rebooting and headaches, we finally managed to get it working.

We eventually had to set the satellite up as wireless backhaul first, in order for it to actually add the satellite to the main router (even though it could see it no problem( but then once it did, we were able to plug in the ethernet cable and it transitioned to ethernet in the easymesh menu.

Unfortunately we can't log into the satellite router (second BE800). It throws up this error "Rejected request under RE mode" when we type the IP address, given to the satellite BE800 from the primary/main BE800.

Both main router and tether app can see the satellite and devices are connected both wirelessly and ethernet to the satellite BE800 and are working fine.

We would like to be able to log into the satellite and fix a few settings that are not accessible from the main router.

Thank you.

Options
16 Reply
Re:Easy Mesh Backhaul ethernet two BE800's
2024-05-10 00:58:24 - last edited 2024-05-10 01:01:38

@McKie1 

Additional information after further testing today:

the wifi speed from the main/primary router is close to our fibre speeds, however the satellite/secondary be800 is only giving 20mbps/5mbps. 

Theoretically the same wifi details should be shared to satellite and as both are connected via ethernet backhail and the primary/main router shows easymesh connected at 10000mbps, this should not be an issue.

The primary/main router be800 is using one of our two (2) dhcp ip's for the secondary/satellite be800. We use static IP's for all devices except for two (2) 'spare' ports for guests.

By not having access to the satellite/secondary be800, we are unable to change the dynamic IP to a static IP, among other settings that we would at least like to check/confirm are correct or are working.

Options
2024-05-10 07:54:41

@McKie1 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

It does not allow to log into web interface of satellite router when using Easymesh technology. We record your feature request first.

Options
2024-05-10 08:37:42

@McKie1 

Hi, may I confirm some information to understand your situation better?

1. Who is your internet service provider? And what bandwidth did you subscribe from your ISP?

2. Please use https://www.speedtest.net or the speedtest APP/CLI(https://www.speedtest.net/apps) for testing speed accurately.

3. If you only connect your PC to the main BE800 and test, what is the internet speed and link speed?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

4.Then connect your PC to the satellite BE800 and test, what is the internet speed and link speed?

5. If the wired internet speed is normal, please only connect your PC to the main BE800 wirelessly (near the router), check the internet speed and link speed.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

6. Then connect your PC to the satellite BE800 wirelessly (near the router), check the internet speed and link speed.

7. What is the model and OS of your computer?

Please feel free to share us the screenshots of the test results during each step.

Options
2024-05-10 23:53:44

Marvin_S wrote

@McKie1 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

It does not allow to log into web interface of satellite router when using Easymesh technology. We record your feature request first.

@Marvin_S 

Thank you for your quick reply. I have found this on the forum that does indeed state that access should be possible:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/3905/

Options
2024-05-10 23:56:25

Marvin_S wrote

@McKie1 

Hi, may I confirm some information to understand your situation better?

1. Who is your internet service provider? And what bandwidth did you subscribe from your ISP?

2. Please use https://www.speedtest.net or the speedtest APP/CLI(https://www.speedtest.net/apps) for testing speed accurately.

3. If you only connect your PC to the main BE800 and test, what is the internet speed and link speed?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

4.Then connect your PC to the satellite BE800 and test, what is the internet speed and link speed?

5. If the wired internet speed is normal, please only connect your PC to the main BE800 wirelessly (near the router), check the internet speed and link speed.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

6. Then connect your PC to the satellite BE800 wirelessly (near the router), check the internet speed and link speed.

7. What is the model and OS of your computer?

Please feel free to share us the screenshots of the test results during each step.

@Marvin_S 

Thank you for this reply too :)

We use ABB with a 1000/400 service.

I have just conducted the four speed tests with the following results:

1. direct ethernet cable to main be800 (875/365)

2. wifi to main be800 (460/360)

3. direct ethernet cable to satellite be800 (920/360)

4. wifi to satellite be800 (12/3)

As you can see, something is not quite right with the transferred wifi details to the satellite be800.

Thank you again.

Options
2024-05-11 06:41:23

@McKie1 

Hi, it is a pity that the FAQ only applies to Archer AX55 V1, not for all routers.

I would like to record your feature request first.

Options
2024-05-11 07:22:50

Marvin_S wrote

@McKie1 

Hi, it is a pity that the FAQ only applies to Archer AX55 V1, not for all routers.

I would like to record your feature request first.

@Marvin_S 

Thank you again for your reply. That is indeed a pity that it applies to only a single model of router.

Once we can long into the satellite router, we can at least check what settings are incorrect or not being transferred from the main router.

Also I have noticed that since the easymesh and firmware upgrades, the 'smart connect' option in the wifi section keeps turning off. Irrespective of whether I tick it in the web gui or tether app. It says saved/operation successful but later on when I log back in it is off.

In any case I will just have to wait for a firmware upgrade to fix the satellite menu access to then see what the wifi issue is, along with a half-dozen other things that I need to confirm are correct plus setting the static IP.

Thank you again and hopefully tech can add these functions to the next firmware.

Options
2024-05-13 01:10:08

@麦基1 

Hi, thanks for your update.

May I confirm the speeds you provided like 875/365 is download/upload speed,which does not include link speed?

Can you share the model and OS of your computer?

1. When your PC connects to the main router wirelessly (near this router), can you check the link speed and send us the screenshot? And which wifi band your PC is connected to ? 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or 6Ghz?

2.Also, when your PC connects to the satellite router wirelessly (near this router), can you check the link speed and send us the screenshot? And which wifi band your PC is connected to ? 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or 6Ghz?

Thanks for your cooperation again!

Options
2024-05-14 23:13:29

Marvin_S wrote

@麦基1 

May I confirm the speeds you provided like 875/365 is download/upload speed,which does not include link speed?

Can you share the model and OS of your computer?

1. When your PC connects to the main router wirelessly (near this router), can you check the link speed and send us the screenshot? And which wifi band your PC is connected to ? 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or 6Ghz?

2.Also, when your PC connects to the satellite router wirelessly (near this router), can you check the link speed and send us the screenshot? And which wifi band your PC is connected to ? 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or 6Ghz?

Thanks for your cooperation again!

@Marvin_S 

Thank you again for your assistance.

Yes I can confirm that the 875/365 is the download/upload speeds as shown by the speednet tests.

Running a 2016 macbook with Sonoma.

The main router shows from the wifi connections screen:

linked via MLO

1053/877

Unfortunately it would appear that what I thought were the download/upload speeds close to the satellite router were in fact still connections to the main router. There was no handoff.

I was able to test this by moving far enough away from the main router to loose connection but still close enough to the satellite but there was no connection available.

Therefore it would actually appear that the satellite router is not doing any wifi at all. THere are devices connected to it via ethernet that do show up as connected devices in the mesh satellite connected devices screen.

So without being able to log into the satellite router, I have no way of knowing whether the wifi is turned off for some reason or the settings were not transferred to the satellite router?

I can only think to try and waste half a day again trying to reset to defaults and try it all again unless there is a way to log into the satellite router? 

Options
2024-05-15 09:00:48

@McKie1 

As you mentioned below, can you share the screenshot of the result?

The main router shows from the wifi connections screen:

linked via MLO

1053/877

And, it is suggested to disable MLO, connect your PC to 2.4Ghz wifi band of the main router and test the speed and link speed?

Then move the same PC near the satellite router, disconnect and reconnect to 2.4Ghz wifi band, and check the speed and link speed?

On the main router's web interface, you can find the test PC is connected to which router, and which wifi band.

Also, we can use the same way to test speed on 5Ghz wifi band.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 16

Related Articles