Easy Mesh Backhaul ethernet two BE800's

Easy Mesh Backhaul ethernet two BE800's

16 Reply
Re:Easy Mesh Backhaul ethernet two BE800's
2024-05-16 00:51:09

Marvin_S wrote

@McKie1 

Hi, thanks for your update.

As you mentioned below, can you share the screenshot of the result?

The main router shows from the wifi connections screen:

linked via MLO

1053/877

And, it is suggested to disable MLO, connect your PC to 2.4Ghz wifi band of the main router and test the speed and link speed?

Then move the same PC near the satellite router, disconnect and reconnect to 2.4Ghz wifi band, and check the speed and link speed?

On the main router's web interface, you can find the test PC is connected to which router, and which wifi band.

Also, we can use the same way to test speed on 5Ghz wifi band.

@Marvin_S 

Thank you once again.

I managed to use one of our old windows 10 laptops to test as the macbook just didn't like the satellite router's wifi.

This laptop doesn't have a 6Ghz connection nor can it do MLO so that was good.

I connected it via 2.4Ghz on the main router and it showed 150/150 under connections

I then connected it via 5Ghz again on the main router and it showed 433/433 under connections

I then went to the satellite router and connected via 2.4Ghz and it showed 2.0/6.0 under connections on the main router but at least it showed it as a connection under easymesh for the satellite router.

Then strangely when connected via 5Ghz to the satellite router it showed 433/433. Exactly the same as the main router.

Hopefully this helps a bit more working out what is wrong until we can log in directly to the satellite router to check its actual settings.

Thank you.

Options
2024-05-16 11:41:49

@McKie1 

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply!

According to your result, we can see speeds on 5Ghz wifi band of main router and satellite router are normal. But 2.4Ghz seems not.

So we need your further cooperation to collect some information for further analysis by our support engineers.

1. May I know the model of your Windows 10 laptop?

2. When the Windows 10 laptop is connected to 2.4Ghz wifi band of main router,what is the link speed? You may share the screenshot.

3.When the Windows 10 laptop is connected to 2.4Ghz wifi band of satellite router, what is the link speed? You may share the screenshot.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

4. If you test speeds using a phone or another wireless device, the speed on 2.4Ghz wifi band of the satellite router is also quite slower than the speed on 2.4Ghz wifi band of the main router? And what is the result?

5. Did you set QoS or bandwidth control on main router?

Options
2024-05-16 22:57:35

Marvin_S wrote

@McKie1 

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply!

According to your result, we can see speeds on 5Ghz wifi band of main router and satellite router are normal. But 2.4Ghz seems not.

So we need your further cooperation to collect some information for further analysis by our support engineers.

1. May I know the model of your Windows 10 laptop?

2. When the Windows 10 laptop is connected to 2.4Ghz wifi band of main router,what is the link speed? You may share the screenshot.

3.When the Windows 10 laptop is connected to 2.4Ghz wifi band of satellite router, what is the link speed? You may share the screenshot.

4. If you test speeds using a phone or another wireless device, the speed on 2.4Ghz wifi band of the satellite router is also quite slower than the speed on 2.4Ghz wifi band of the main router? And what is the result?

5. Did you set QoS or bandwidth control on main router?

@Marvin_S 

Thank you once again.

Old lenovo 7th gen laptop

150mbps is link speed on main router at 2.4GHz

120mbps is link speed on satellite router at 2.4GHz

using iphone on 2.4GHz on satellite router with speedtest gets 40mbps

using iphone on 2.4GHz on main router with speedtest gets 100mbps

QoS not enabled on main router

Please let the Engineer's know that the settings that I would like to check/access on the satellite router are as follows:

set static ip

led control (as main not sending its settings to satellite as it should)

time (have no idea if it has the correct time nor where/when/how it updates - having to assume main is correctly telling the satellite)

updates (no way to update firmware, can't check if auto-updates are on or working)

wifi schedule (unable to see if the same schedule from the main has been applied to the satellite)

also

smart connect keeps turning off on main router

Thank you

Options
2024-05-17 01:49:55

@McKie1 

Hi, thanks for update again~

I am afraid some information you provided is more than I realized.

If you connect your laptop to  2.4Ghz on main router, the actual internet speed is 150mbps, and the link speed is also 150mbps, I think that is impossible.

To double-check, can you check the speed and link speed together?

1.Please connect your laptop to the 2.4Ghz wifi band of main router, check the internet speed using speedtest.net and the link speed (follow the method below). We need the screenshots of the results.

2.Please connect your laptop to the 2.4Ghz wifi band of satellite router, check the internet speed using speedtest.net and the link speed (follow the method below). We need the screenshots of the results.

According to the speed test results on your iPhone, the speeds seem ok, but it is a pity that it does not support to check link speed on iPhone.

Thanks for your cooperation again!

Options
2024-05-18 00:10:07

@McKie1 

Hi, thanks for update again~

I am afraid some information you provided is more than I realized.

If you connect your laptop to  2.4Ghz on main router, the actual internet speed is 150mbps, and the link speed is also 150mbps, I think that is impossible.

To double-check, can you check the speed and link speed together?

1.Please connect your laptop to the 2.4Ghz wifi band of main router, check the internet speed using speedtest.net and the link speed (follow the method below). We need the screenshots of the results.

2.Please connect your laptop to the 2.4Ghz wifi band of satellite router, check the internet speed using speedtest.net and the link speed (follow the method below). We need the screenshots of the results.

According to the speed test results on your iPhone, the speeds seem ok, but it is a pity that it does not support to check link speed on iPhone.

Thanks for your cooperation again!

@Marvin_S 

Thank you again.

I have carried out the tests and here are the results:

main router above

main router above

satellite router above

satellite router above

I had a quick query. Does the main router send through the DNS to the satelllite?

Maybe the satellite is unable to resolve domain names?

We use static ip's and have our DNS set as our main router for all devices excluding of course the main router to the internet.

Options
2024-05-20 11:46:37

@McKie1 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
Related Articles