AX55 Firmware 1.3.2 Build 20240325 rel.56896(4341) - Issue with Parental controls

AX55 Firmware 1.3.2 Build 20240325 rel.56896(4341) - Issue with Parental controls

13 Reply
Re:AX55 Firmware 1.3.2 Build 20240325 rel.56896(4341) - Issue with Parental controls
2024-05-22 13:03:06

@Happyguy1 

update... some progress with TP-link support. At least they see the same issue I do.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting TP-Link support.

We have successfully reproduced your issue, upgrading to the 1.3.2 firmware this issue occurs.

We are working for solving this issue, please give us some time. 

I will provide you the solution after we find the cause. 

Thanks for your cooperation. "

Options
Re:AX55 Firmware 1.3.2 Build 20240325 rel.56896(4341) - Issue with Parental controls
2024-06-03 12:32:53

@Happyguy1 

I consider this issue resolved -- it took a remote session with TP-Link engineers to review the code and assess what the trouble was.

Upon loading a special Beta build SW, they were able to review and come to this conclusion (here are snippets from the support guy I was working with):

• In the remote session, we find the account ID configuration in the router is missing. When reporting on the device, it will check the binding status and the existence of the cloud binding account. The account config missing leads to your device not being reported normally.

• Unbinding and rebinding the TP-Link account in the router's web UI can solve this issue, and please reapply the homeshield paid services in the router.

• We've confirmed that the cloud configuration is normal after you rebound, and the cloud reporting of paid features on the device is also normal.

On my end, before speaking to TP-Link, there was no indication that my router or my app had any issues with account ID, so I never would have thought to unbind/rebind to the router would have helped.

Shout out to Byron, the tech support guy. Great communication, even reached out this morning to see if everything was still working. 

I should note; i'm still on the Beta FW because everything works as-is. 

They recommended I try loading the latest official FW... but nothing is broken now, so I'll stay with beta.

Options
2024-06-24 01:24:27

@Happyguy1 

Unfortunately, the issue has returned.

There has been no changes to  the router or Tether app configuration... however the Parental Controls section (seen in tether app), where I can see 'most used apps' or 'top visited websites' is BLANK again.

When i noticed info wasn't being collected anymore, I followed what the TPlink rep recommended in the last post seen here: 

• in the remote session, we find the account ID configuration in the router is missing. When reporting on the device, it will check the binding status and the existence of the cloud binding account. The account config missing leads to your device not being reported normally.

• Unbinding and rebinding the TP-Link account in the router's web UI can solve this issue, and please reapply the homeshield paid services in the router.

• We've confirmed that the cloud configuration is normal after you rebound, and the cloud reporting of paid features on the device is also normal.

still, no change after unbinding and rebinding router. 

what i did notice however, is that if I DON'T apply homeshield pro, I see websites show up in the "top visited websites" section.

This information goes away once I assign a device under the homeshield pro option. 

see snapshots.

any thoughts?

Is it a TP link cloud issue?

Options