No Device Found - AC750 Travel Router

3 weeks ago

Trying to set up AC750 WiFi Travel Router on holiday. Have tried plugging into the Ethernet and also doing wirelessly. An able to connect to the router WiFi but when I go back to the tether app the device is not found. 
also not sure if relevant but the set up instructions describe a red LED but ours only has green. 

Any suggestions hugely welcomed. I am going out of my mind trying to set this up. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:No Device Found - AC750 Travel Router
3 weeks ago

@HannahTravel 

Hi,

Since the AC750 Travel Router (it's the TL-WR902AC, right?) has five different operation modes it would be helpful if you told us which mode you intend to use.

Also note that the Tether app can only be used in two of the five modes.

Options
3 weeks ago

@woozle hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. 
that's the correct model but on the side of the machine the mode option only appears to have 3: 'share ETH', 'share hotspot' and 'AP/ring EXT/ client' - although perhaps that 3rd option is in fact 3 options.

anyway I am trying hotspot but have also tried plugging it in to the router in the accommodation we're staying at. Ive followed all the steps on the tether app and watched a few YouTube videos but every time I get stuck when it's searching for the device.

thanjs again. 

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@HannahTravel 

Like shown in the screenshot I posted earlier this router model is only supported by the Tether app when in "Router" mode or "Access Point" mode. Hence you cannot use it when setting up as a Hotspot (small switch in "Share Hotspot" position), Rng Ext or Client.

So, move the switch to "Share Hotspot", then connect your phone to one of the two Wi-Fi networks of the AC750 (as printed on the label of the TL-WR902AC) and then open the web browser of your phone and in the address bar type http://tplinkwifi.net/ or, in case that doesn't work, try http://192.168.0.254 .

The login webpage of the router should be loaded and you can login using the "Username" and "Password" printed on the label of the TL-WR902AC.

Options
3 weeks ago

@woozle 

Oh, and I almost forgot.

If your place has a router with Ethernet ports available, then the easiest way to use the TL-WR902AC would be to set the small switch to "Share ETH", connect an Ethernet cable from the TL-WR902AC to one of the LAN ports of the other router and then power ON the TL-WR902AC.

After a minute or so the TL-WR902AC should start working without any further setup needed. (provided nobody has previously changed the connection settings of your TL-WR902AC)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 4

Related Articles