My X50 Outdoor only connects to DECO M9 Plus Main

2024-05-13 14:08:10 - last edited 2024-05-15 07:35:32
Model: Deco X50-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hi,

I see a similar topic was posted before and resolved but I see the same behaviour with the latest FW. 

I have added a Deco X50 Outdoor to my Deco M9 Plus mesh network and now I notice that the X50 Outdoor only (wirelessly) connects to the Main Deco M9 and not to one of the satellites that are closer with a better reception. With the satellites (M9 Plus) I can choose in the app with wat satellite I want it to be connected but with the X50 I cannot choose this. Is there a fix for this? My main router is too far away to get a good connection.

Thanks,

Niclas

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My X50 Outdoor only connects to DECO M9 Plus Main-Solution
2024-05-14 08:06:48 - last edited 2024-05-15 07:35:32

@David-TP 

Hi!

It was actually not possible to choose connection preference for the m9plus devices either. For the X50 the option was there in the gui but when changing preference it could not be saved so I had to go back to automatic. I found the root cause though and it was due to very old firmware in the m9plus devices and that the app did not detect this. I found another thread in the forum explaining the procedure of upgrading the firmware using a tool on the PC. After upgrade to the latest firmware the connection preference is working for all devices in my system so problem solved!

Thanks,

Niclas

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:My X50 Outdoor only connects to DECO M9 Plus Main
2024-05-14 07:56:44

@nico74 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

"With the satellites (M9 Plus) I can choose in the app with what satellite I want it to be connected but with the X50 I cannot choose this."

Do you mean there is no "Connection Preference" under the settings of Deco X50-outdoor, such as:

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:My X50 Outdoor only connects to DECO M9 Plus Main-Solution
2024-05-14 08:06:48 - last edited 2024-05-15 07:35:32

@David-TP 

Hi!

It was actually not possible to choose connection preference for the m9plus devices either. For the X50 the option was there in the gui but when changing preference it could not be saved so I had to go back to automatic. I found the root cause though and it was due to very old firmware in the m9plus devices and that the app did not detect this. I found another thread in the forum explaining the procedure of upgrading the firmware using a tool on the PC. After upgrade to the latest firmware the connection preference is working for all devices in my system so problem solved!

Thanks,

Niclas

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 130

Replies: 2

Related Articles