VoLTE Using Another Cellular Router

2024-05-14 17:11:34
Model: TL-MR6500v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have TL-MR6500v which has a VoLTE feature. The problem with it is that it supports only up to 100Mbps on LAN/WAN ports and inserting a SIM card the VoLTE will work but I can't get high download speeds.

I also have the Archer MR600 which supports 1Gigabit LAN/WAN and 3 Gigabit LAN ports, but unfortunately it doesn't have VoLTE port.

I have tested both routers a year ago but I wasn't happy with the download speeds then. So I don't have a spare SIM card at the moment to test what follows.

My question is this:

I want to insert the SIM card into the Archer MR600 to get high download speeds and connect one of the LAN ports to the WAN/LAN port on the TL-MR6500v.

Will I be able to get VoLTE activated this way so that I can make and receive phone calls, or this will not work?

The alternative solution is to buy two SIM cards but this will double the cost, unless you tell me that this will work, backed up by testing.

Thank you for your assistance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:VoLTE Using Another Cellular Router
2024-05-15 03:31:07

@Router600 

Hi, thanks for posting question  on our community.

Limited to its specification, TL-MR6500v can be up to 100 Mbps from LAN ports.

To insert the SIM card into the Archer MR600 to get high download speeds and connect one of the LAN ports to the WAN/LAN port on the TL-MR6500v, that is OK but VoLTE feature is not available anymore, because TL-MR6500v has been a normal wireless router.

Options