MR600 V1 at a second home - ways to monitor ?

2024-05-17 09:09:03 - last edited 2024-05-20 05:57:39
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi there,

We have a MR600 V1   4G+ model/router in place at our remote cottage in the Scottish highlands.  Its situated near a 4G mast, and works really well when we're there, and lets me work from there successfully.  It uses a cheap SIM from 1pmobile here in the UK (EE network).

Recently I added two wee security cameras to the house, to keep an eye on it when we're not there, this was working well, until they both went offline about 5 hours after I left the cottage.  Logging into the 1pmobile site, I can see that no data has been used at all since the cameras went offline, so I've no idea what happened.

When I can get back to the cottage in a couple of weeks (its 3.5 hours away from my home) I am planning on adding a wifi booster to the setup, as the cameras didnt have a strong signal even on 2.4ghz, and I also intend on setting the Router to auto-reboot every day in case its just crashed etc, but is there anything else I can do to monitor it?  It won't have a fixed IP address.

If the cameras are offline for some reason, but the Router is still up, would it use a very small amount of data?  I am thinking it would, so I could see that via the 1pmobile website.

Thanks for any suggestions.

- Rob

Options
1 Reply
Re:MR600 V1 at a second home - ways to monitor ?
2024-05-20 06:04:04

@光体 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

The Local Management feature on your router allows devices connected to the local network to access and manage the router's web interface. By default, all local devices have the ability to access the router via HTTP and make configuration changes.

On the other hand, the Remote Management feature enables remote devices to access and manage the router's web interface from outside the local network. By default, remote devices do not have access to the router for management purposes.

To configure the local or remote management settings, please follow the steps in the FAQ.

Another FAQ for your reference:  How to monitor data usage of TP-Link Wireless Dual Band 4G LTE Router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 1

Related Articles