WiFi access point gives WiFi signal but no actual connection

2024-05-17 17:59:32
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: No clue

I have this WiFi access point I'm using to get WiFi in my garage, just ran a cat5 to the garage, pluged it into the home router and the access point, turned it on and it gives out the WiFi signal but my phone says there's no internet access 

Options
3 Reply
Re:WiFi access point gives WiFi signal but no actual connection
2024-05-20 09:28:34

@Dylandub8 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

If the access point has no internet, please try the below suggestions:

1. Reset the access point: press and hold the reset hole with a pin for about 5-10 seconds when the device is powered on. If you can see all the lights flashing, that means the device has been reset successfully.  

2. Make sure how many devices the front-end router can connect to.

3. Disconnect the TP-Link device, and connect a computer to the front-end router with the same cable. If the computer also cannot get internet, please check the front-end router first.

Here is the detailed troubleshooting article for the problem.

Options
2024-06-02 17:04:30

@Dylandub8 

If you can try plugging a laptop into the cable you just ran to make sure its working ok.    It could well be that the AP is broadcasting a wireless signal, but the cable connecting it to the internet isnt working.

I would rule out the cable being faulty first.   Laptop should tell you this.  If its not getting internet its likely the cable, or if you have a cheap cable tester (£12 on ebay) that would work too!

Options
2024-06-25 10:53:53
Options