Question on DECO Multiple Network Groups Possibilities and Limitations

2024-05-22 12:12:31
Model: Deco X20   Deco M4   Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

Dear TP-Link DEC Experts,

I have multiple complex questions about the possibilities and limitations of Multiple Network Groups creation on DECO M4, X20 and X60. I have attached three pictures for easy understanding. I request you all to kindly check attached pictures of scenarios I depicted for Multiple Network Group related to my questions. Please let me know if these are valid and possible if not valid nor possible then what is likely valid and feasible? I appreciate your swift response to this, please

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question on DECO Multiple Network Groups Possibilities and Limitations
2024-05-23 07:48:35 - last edited 2024-05-23 07:50:10

@Sanjog9769 

Hi, welcome to the community.

IOT network would always be on the same network group as the main network.

The IOT/Guest/Main networks of the main Deco have no difference from any other satellite Deco units in the Mesh.

So scenarios 2 and 3 would not be possible.

May I know the operation mode of the Deco, wireless router, or Access Point mode?

• If it is on wireless router mode, the Guest network is isolated from the main Network by default via VLAN tags. In this way, scenario 1 is not possible either.

• Under Access Point mode, the Guest network and main network are no longer separated by VLAN tags. They are separated by Access Control(Guest network devices are only allowed to access the LAN gateway). Moreover, there is also an on/off switch  "Allow Local Access".

When the  "Allow Local Access" is on, scenario 1 is available.

So it would be like,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 66

Replies: 1

Related Articles