RE205 has very very low speed (0-1 KBPS) on Android mobile phone
RE205 has very very low speed (0-1 KBPS) on Android mobile phone
3 weeks ago
Tags: #RE205
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210608 Rel. 61340
Problem
My Laptop does not have any issue in connection with the same RE-205 Extender, It connects and is able to access the internet and work even with VPN.

However, Mobile phones (One Plus Nord 3 CE and Iphone11) are not able to access the internet through my TP Link Extender RE-205 in access point mode. Below are the list of steps/observations
  • I have tested connecting my Wifi Extender with multiple mobile phone devices.and no phone is able to access the internet
  • I have tried turning off my cellular data and connecting and still it does not work
  • I have tried the reset pin option multiple times and it didn't work. 
  • Based on the call with the technical support team, I have changed the encryption to all possible options WPA, WPA2-PSK and Auto. Still it does not help
  • My mobile phones are able to access the internet from the source router wifi router or any other wifi router
  • I have tried renaming the SSID and changed the password of the Extender
  • Ensured that the mobile phone is not in Blacklist mode
  • Below are the list of errors received on my mobile phone
    • Connected status on the WiFi but the internet speed is very low (this is what my phone is showing now)
      • 0-1 KBPS speed. at the same time my laptop has 80 MBPS speed from the same extender.
    • No data connection on the WiFi and no internet access
    • Your phone is not in the same subnet ...... ( i can't recollect the error now, because it doesn't reappear now)
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE205 has very very low speed (0-1 KBPS) on Android mobile phone
2 weeks ago

@SamuelSylvester 

Hi, May I know how long you have had the RE205? Did the issue start recently?

RE205 supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Were mobile phones having the same issue on both wireless bands?

When the laptop is disconnected from the RE205, will the speed on the mobile phones get better?

Since RE205 has a 1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet Port, when the laptop is 80m/s, it basically takes most of the bandwidth.

By the way, May I know the model number of the host router?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 56

Replies: 1

Tags

RE205
Related Articles