Deco app can't optimize network channels

2024-05-27 10:03:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.4 Build 20231222 Rel. 63684

Greetings everyone!
I have a problem. I have a system of three Deco M5 and recently started having problems, in particular, from time to time the main network disappears and only the guest network works, a reboot solves it, and it helps for a while. But in recent weeks, Wi-Fi channel optimization has not been working. When I run the optimization, the app first warns that there is interference on the channels the router is currently on, then after scanning it shows that the 2.4GHz network is on channel 0 and the 5GHz network is on channel 0, so everything is fine. How can you fix this error and optimize channels?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco app can't optimize network channels
2024-05-28 07:22:54

@NestorTe 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Set a different Deco as the main Deco.

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

2. If there is another router/DHCP server in front of Deco, it is also suggested to set Deco into Access Point mode.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

3. Deco M5 supports IOT network. If possible, please try to separate 2.4GHz from the 5GHz band, such as:

• Main network for 5GHz only
  • IOT network for 2.4GHz only

4. The latest firmware for Deco M5 is 1.7.6 and it is also suggested to update the firmware from 1.7.3 to 1.7.6 first:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/deco-m5/v3/#Firmware

How to manually update the firmware via web UI: How to Update the Firmware of Deco(method 2)

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco app can't optimize network channels
2024-05-30 06:07:35

@David-TP Thank you for your answer.

I updated Deco's firmware, which was successful, but it didn't help. Then I tried to change another Deco to the main one, according to the instructions in link 1, but as a result, the new configuration did not connect to the Internet at all. Therefore, I had to reset all three Decos and configure them as new setup. So far everything has been working fine for several days.

Options