KP115 Failed Firmware Update

2024-06-02 13:29:56 - last edited 2024-06-18 05:56:26
Tags: #Kasa App Related #Firmware
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

For some bizarre reason one of my KP115 smart plugs will not update to the latest firmware. No matter what I try I cannot get it to update. I've tried the KASA app and the TAPO app without success, I've tried the plug Plugged into a socket close to my wireless router. I've made sure the router is only on 2.4 G. I've tried removing and reinstalling the apps at this point I can only assume one of the plugs is defective. The plug does actually add to my environment and I can turn it on and off remotely. I just can't get the damn thing to update the firmware. Any suggestions? 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:KP115 Failed Firmware Update-Solution
2024-06-04 08:03:47 - last edited 2024-06-18 05:56:29

@JunkieXL 

Which firmware version are you trying to update? Based on history feedback, this issue is likely caused by your router blocking access to the relevant TP-Link domains. You may want to check if any similar settings are enabled, such as firewall rules or ad-blocker configurations, that could interfere.

As an alternative, you could try resetting the plug and then connecting it directly to a hotspot or mobile hotspot WiFi network to perform the firmware update. This may help bypass any router-related restrictions.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-16 20:24:18 - last edited 2024-06-18 05:56:26
Thanks for the feedback. They’re certainly a few things I can check in the future, however for some bizarre reason the next day I tried to update the firmware and it worked straight away. I’m not sure exactly what happened but I got the update in the end!
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-06-04 08:03:47 - last edited 2024-06-18 05:56:29

@JunkieXL 

Which firmware version are you trying to update? Based on history feedback, this issue is likely caused by your router blocking access to the relevant TP-Link domains. You may want to check if any similar settings are enabled, such as firewall rules or ad-blocker configurations, that could interfere.

As an alternative, you could try resetting the plug and then connecting it directly to a hotspot or mobile hotspot WiFi network to perform the firmware update. This may help bypass any router-related restrictions.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-16 20:24:18 - last edited 2024-06-18 05:56:26
Thanks for the feedback. They’re certainly a few things I can check in the future, however for some bizarre reason the next day I tried to update the firmware and it worked straight away. I’m not sure exactly what happened but I got the update in the end!
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles