PS5 won't conncet to deco ax1500

2024-06-03 07:20:56 - last edited 2024-06-04 01:07:37

Hello,

My PS5 doesn't want to connect to deco ax1500. I tried both, LAN and wifi and it just doesn't work. Sometimes it connects, but then, 10-15 seconds later deco just starts rebooting itself and doesn't want to start working until I turn off the PS5. 

Mostly it doesn't want to connect at all and I just get the message on PS5 saying "Can't connect to the internet. Your internet service provider or your router might be preventing your PS5 from connecting to the internet. Make sure you can connect to the internet via the same network as your PS5 by testing the connection using your computer or mobile device".

main network (router) is in the apartment above. Main deco is also positioned in that apartment directly above other deco which is positioned in my flat. So there is around 2.5 meters distance and a ceiling from two devices.

On my phone and TV deco connects and works well. I tested the wifi on the phone and it's usually around 30-50Mbps download and 15-25Mbps upload with ping of around 10ms.

So I really have no idea what's wrong with PS5 not connecting to deco and I would appreciate any help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:PS5 won't conncet to deco ax1500
2024-06-04 08:50:36

@XxgamerxX 

Thanks for the feedback.

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue on the PS5?

By the way, would the same issue repeat when the PS5 is connected to one of the satellite Deco?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:PS5 won't conncet to deco ax1500
2024-06-04 09:25:02

@David-TP 

Yes, this problem is constantly happening.

Other deco device is in the apartment above mine. So, I can't even connect PS5 to that deco because the signal is too weak for some reason. It's a bit weird to me why because that deco is literally 3 meters above the PS5, only ceiling and air between those two, but the connection is too weak. Same goes for my phone, connecting to that other deco results in too weak signal (max 1-2Mbps if I'm standing just under it) or no signal at all.

When I connect my phone to the deco that is located in my flat signal on the phone is good (40-50Mbps and 15-20Mbps upload), two deco's communicate well and signal is constant. Only when I start PS5 and connect to the network (LAN or wifi) deco in my flat just reboots itself. But mostly I can't even connect, I just get that error message that I mentioned.

In the flat above, deco is connected to the router via cable and speeds are around 400-500Mbps and 100-200Mbps upload.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 256

Replies: 2

Related Articles