Bad signal - looses speed - Deco X10

2024-06-05 12:47:01
Model: Deco X10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 build 20240111

Hi

I have 3 Deco X 10 which I am quite satisfied with.

However, my children complain that when they play the netvork often stops  "Lagger" and sometimes I also experience that the network just stops for a moment.

Are there any settings or anything else you would recommend to avoid this - could it be an advantage to set a CPU or Playstation to a certain network so that it not switch between 2.4 and 5?

it is  possible to prioritize something differently? i use Dynamics IP ?  The Guest network has stronger signal than the main network ?

I often run network scan to optimize, but it's not optimal to change this all the time even if once a week is recommended? Has anyone experienced the same challenges and can help? thank you.

star_border

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bad signal - looses speed - Deco X10
2024-06-06 06:26:03

@KFVH 

Hi, is there any chance to connect the PlayStation via an Ethernet cable to one of the Deco X10?

If not, here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Enable the Guest network for 5GHz only and connect the PlayStation to the Guest network.

2. Disable "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for PlayStation.

And if the 3*Deco X10 units are connected via Wi-Fi, Ethernet Backhaul( by connecting satellite Deco X10 via an Ethernet cable to the main Deco X10) is also a great choice.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Bad signal - looses speed - Deco X10
2024-06-10 08:14:41

@David-TP 

Thx - what does it do to enable the mesh technology and what exactly is the outcome, - just so i understand :) ?

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 263

Replies: 2

Related Articles