New firmware not working x50

New firmware not working x50

36 Reply
Re:New firmware not working x50
2024-06-11 12:07:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hi all.

My X55 also has this issue, new firmware made all the clients unable to browse the internet, DNS lookups and pings still worked ok, but web browsing either plain didn't work, or sometimes worked for a few seconds and then dropped out again.

I have just this morning had a very useful remote session with TP-Links support engineers, (who were extremely knowledgeable btw), they appear to have found the issue in the new firmware, and are working on developing a firmware fix for it, I don't know any firm time frames, but they found its something to do with the QOS settings/acceleration modules, but its nothing you can fix yourself, it needs new firmware.

Hope that reassures you all that there is an issue, and it is being worked on.

TP Link support engineers were excellent. really knew their stuff.

Cheers

Andrew

Options
2024-06-11 16:04:09

@Kevin_Z 

This was my experience too, unfortunately I am remote this week and so cannot check the Deco LEDs, I did make the mistake of trying to Access Point Mode and have now lost all connectivity.

Options
2024-06-11 22:02:18

So glad I logged in here before accepting the upgrade offer from my X55s!

Options
2024-06-12 02:30:38

andrewha wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi all.

My X55 also has this issue, new firmware made all the clients unable to browse the internet, DNS lookups and pings still worked ok, but web browsing either plain didn't work, or sometimes worked for a few seconds and then dropped out again.

I have just this morning had a very useful remote session with TP-Links support engineers, (who were extremely knowledgeable btw), they appear to have found the issue in the new firmware, and are working on developing a firmware fix for it, I don't know any firm time frames, but they found its something to do with the QOS settings/acceleration modules, but its nothing you can fix yourself, it needs new firmware.

Hope that reassures you all that there is an issue, and it is being worked on.

TP Link support engineers were excellent. really knew their stuff.

Cheers

Andrew

@andrewha Thank you so much for the update. I hope the engineers will figure this out and provide a solution soon. Let's wait.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-12 02:46:46

WillM1414 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

This was my experience too, unfortunately I am remote this week and so cannot check the Deco LEDs, I did make the mistake of trying to Access Point Mode and have now lost all connectivity.

@WillM1414 I'm so sorry to hear that. If the Deco becomes offline once you change it to Access Point mode, I believe there is no ONT or modem router in front of it. 

Can I know who is your ISP? What kind of connection type you are using on Deco when it is in Router mode? Thank you very much.

When you are back home and switch it back to Router mode, please check again if the devices will get back online.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-12 12:08:28

@Kevin_Z 

You are correct, I am using Starlink, have removed the Starlink Router and go direct into the Decos. I use that in Router mode. Has been flawless until waking up to the Firmware Update notification. Hopefully will be fixed soon and a new update can be pushed once back in router mode.

Options
2024-06-17 10:35:14

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

Below the ping to the Deco the firmware is 1.5.1 2024417 Rel 52783. 

Can you please advice me how to proceed, the router is unusable since a week when are you expecting a new firmware release? Any advice on how to make it work again ?

Kevin_Z wrote

iturpablo wrote

@wesselkoning 

Hi,

I'm having the same issue, sad but true. Should I do the downgrade, or are you planning to push a firmware update so I can just wait for it without doing the downgrade? When are you planning to push the update?

Thanks, please let me know how I should proceed.

@iturpablo 

Are you experiencing the same issue as reported in this thread as wesselkoning?

"Zero clients are able to browse the internet, they get IP addresses, show in the client list, just have no access to the internet"

If that is the case, can you please help do a simple ping test and show me the ping results? Thank you very much.

1. Please ping the IP address of the gateway Deco (If it is working in Router mode).

2. Please ping 8.8.8.8 if the gateway ping is accessible.

Options
2024-06-17 11:59:41

@iturpablo 

Thank you very much for the update.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2024-06-17 12:04:39

@WillM1414 

I'm stepping in to check if you have gone back home and if the Deco X55 is working properly now.

If there is still an issue, I will also escalate the case to our support engineers for further investigation. Thank you.

Options
2024-06-17 12:18:56

@wesselkoning 

I have since arrived home and changed back to Router mode from Access Point, this helped a little bit but I ended up turning off QOS altogether based upon a response up above and things seem to have stabilized for the time being.

Options