KP303 (UK) not available for device isolation through Deco mesh

2024-06-06 08:21:12 - last edited 2024-06-12 03:03:12
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm not sure if this is an issue on the Deco side or the KP303 side so will make a thread for either.

Last weekend I set up my new Deco XE75 Pros, first time using mesh and overall they're quite impressive with no real issues thus far. Yesterday I was reading about device isolation and so went to enable it across my IoT network. In general it worked fine, but I did notice that my isolated device count kept shooting down from 20 to 11, then I'd go in to the list, enable everything again, only to see it drop back down to 11 after few seconds.

I realised that the offending devices were the 9 smart 'sockets' on my 3 tp-link KP303(UK) strips around the house. I tried going into their settings individually to see if they could be isolated, but the same thing happened - it let me turn on isolation, but when I checked the settings again afterwards it was still disabled.

Am I missing a trick here? I assume it's because it's a single device that is then seen as 3 individual ones, and the Deco software is getting confused, but not sure if there's any way around this. It's not hugely important in the grand scheme of things, but I'd prefer to just have the entire IoT network isolated and then just leave it be.

If it matters, I've migrated all of my Kasa devices into the Tapo app as I started getting Tapo stuff too and wanted to have one place to manage it all.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:KP303 (UK) not available for device isolation through Deco mesh-Solution
2024-06-12 03:00:29 - last edited 2024-06-12 03:03:12

@Riquende 

This is more like a case related to the Deco system. I noticed you also posted a thread in the Deco block, you may keep an eye on the updates there. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:KP303 (UK) not available for device isolation through Deco mesh-Solution
2024-06-12 03:00:29 - last edited 2024-06-12 03:03:12

@Riquende 

This is more like a case related to the Deco system. I noticed you also posted a thread in the Deco block, you may keep an eye on the updates there. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 1

Related Articles