Deco X60 turns red

Deco X60 turns red

Deco X60 turns red
Deco X60 turns red
2024-06-11 19:16:56

Hi!
I have 3 Deco x60 that has been working great for about 1,5 year.

But a couple of days ago they started to turn red and the internet connection dissapears for about 2-3 minutes and then comes back. 

If I connect my computer directly to the internet port (bypass the deco) i do not have any issues.

I have tried to switch primary deco, tried to set a static DNS, I have made resets on all the decos about 3 times.

Everytime I get the issue I seem to get loads of text in the system log.

For example; 

"Tue Jun 11 20:01:40 2024 daemon.err nrd[2065]: estimatorDot11kIterateCB: Timeout waiting for 802.11k response from 3A:46:09:16:65:E9

Tue Jun 11 20:01:41 2024 daemon.notice nrd[2065]: wlanifBSteerEventsHandleBeaconReport: Beacon report from F0:F6:C1:3F:92:70: APId 255 ChanId 48 ESSId 0 rcpi: -68

Tue Jun 11 20:01:41 2024 daemon.notice nrd[2065]: wlanifBSteerEventsHandleBeaconReport: Beacon report from F0:F6:C1:3F:92:70: APId 3 ChanId 48 ESSId 0 bssid 6E:32:B1:E7:D5:D7 rcpi: -92"

Does anyone have a solution?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X60 turns red
2024-06-11 20:24:31 - last edited 2024-06-11 20:24:54

@Tompabomp 

I have cable (coaxial) Internet and when similar thing happened, after extensive troubleshooting ISP Tech Support have found the issue to be cable with cracked insulation outside of my house. 

The primary symptom was drop of Internet connectivity at random times day and night, but always for the same duration of 2-3 minutes.

What type of Internet connection do you have: DSL, fiber, cable?

Options
2024-06-12 04:25:27

@Alexandre. I have fiber.

Shouldnt I have the the same problem when I have my PC directly to the fiber port if that whas the case?

Options
2024-06-12 12:54:40 - last edited 2024-06-12 13:34:08

@Tompabomp 

If problem happens at random time and of short duration, it is possible you would not notice it on a PC connected to ISP modem. Unless you spend a lot of time in front of it and constantly run video streaming.

I haven't made any changes to my ISP modem, so all four its Ethernet ports are operational. I wrote simple script for Windows PC which pings Internet host and writes to log only when ping fails. I connected my desktop PC directly to ISP modem Ethernet port, leaving Main Deco connected to another ISP modem Ethernet port.

I left PC running for 24 hours. The data I've got from that test excluded Deco mesh I suspected initially.

If you can do that type of test, I can share script with you. It will prove where issue is: with Deco mesh or with ISP.

You can also check Main Deco logs for losing Internet connectivity, but these will be different log lines from those you provided. I suggest you do the following: on Main Deco, change logs to DEBUG, clear all logs. Immediately after, unplug Ethernet cable from Main Deco, wait till its LED goes red, plug cable back and wait till Main Deco LED is OK (green or white depending on Deco model).

Then, save logs and review them - look for lines with key words "connection", "CONN", "OFFLINE", "ONLINE". You'll figure what logs lines alert for loss of connectivity and when it comes back.

I don't know about X60, but my Deco M9 does not keep logs for over few hours before it starts overwriting them. That could not give me long enough time frame to understand the scope of the problem. I ran script on PC for 24 hours and got interesting info from it: random times of outage, always almost same duration. That excluded ISP maintenance and very much points at something restarting or rebooting, taking same time every time to do that.

I am not saying what you have is definitely an ISP fault, but if you changed nothing in Deco mesh and haven't updated its firmware just before outages started, it is worth to put effort to confirm this is (or is not) an ISP issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 3

Related Articles