M7000 Which data sim do i need

a week ago

I have received my travel router M7000 which i belive takes data sim.    Does data sim info also have minutes & text or do i need a sim that is data only.  I'm so confused.  I hoping to take this gadget abroad and kid of use as a wifi connection.  I hope that makes sense.

Options
4 Reply
Re:M7000 Which data sim do i need
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Damsl 

Hi,

The SIM card needs to meet the Network type M7000 supports. You can check it in the specification page: M7000 Specification.

And it also needs to be a Micro SIM card.

Besides, if you need to use it in other countries, make sure the SIM card supports data roaming in the certain country and you also need to enable data roaming. How to enable data roaming of 4G LTE Mobile Wi-Fi via Phone web management interface (new logo)

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Sunshine   Thank you for your help.  What does RNDIS mean? 

Will this gadget be able to set up as a wifi, which i can set my phone or chromecast too, when I put the sim in.  Have I bought the wrong thing??  Please advise

I'm looking to take and use when I go on holidays.  The sim ive selected is Lebara and states I can use in eu roaming

Sunshine wrote

@Damsl 

Hi,

The SIM card needs to meet the Network type M7000 supports. You can check it in the specification page: M7000 Specification.

And it also needs to be a Micro SIM card.

Besides, if you need to use it in other countries, make sure the SIM card supports data roaming in the certain country and you also need to enable data roaming. How to enable data roaming of 4G LTE Mobile Wi-Fi via Phone web management interface (new logo)

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Sunshine   

Thank you for your help.  What does RNDIS mean? 

Will this gadget be able to set up as a wifi, which i can set my phone or chromecast too, when I put the sim in.  Have I bought the wrong thing??  Please advise

I'm looking to take and use when I go on holidays.  The sim ive selected is Lebara and states I can use in eu roaming.  Will i be able to use the internet etc with this travel router when i put the sim in???   This not having RNDIS is bothering after reading some peoples reply on other threads.

Options
a week ago

@Damsl 

Hi, 

You can check this link to know more about RNDIS: How to access Internet via USB cable with 4G Mobile Wi-Fi.

Please note, currently, M7000 V1 doesn’t support RNDIS.

This device will get internet from your SIM card and broadcast WIFI for the backend devices.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 4

Related Articles