Archer MR200 v5 Unable to Connect to Internet - Correct APN Settings and Firmware

Archer MR200 v5 Unable to Connect to Internet - Correct APN Settings and Firmware

2024-06-14 10:33:35 - last edited 2024-06-17 03:31:45
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210226 Rel.59749n

Hello,

I am experiencing difficulties connecting to the internet using my Archer MR200 router with the following details:

• ISP: Pelephone (Israel)
  • APN Settings:
    • Profile Name: Pelephone
    • APN: internet.pelephone.net.il
    • Username: pcl@3g
    • Password: pcl
    • Authentication Type: PAP
  • Current ISP Version: 23021501

Despite ensuring that the APN settings are correct, updating the firmware to the latest version, and resetting the router to factory settings, I am still unable to establish a connection. The router successfully sends and receives SMS, and the SIM card works perfectly in other devices.

The issue I am facing is that under the WAN Interface, the Internet Status appears as "Detecting" for a few seconds and then consistently remains as "Disconnected."

I use the cellular connection as a backup to my regular internet connection.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? Is there a known compatibility issue with this specific ISP or SIM card type? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer MR200 v5 Unable to Connect to Internet - Correct APN Settings and Firmware
2024-06-18 09:20:31

@branden 

Hi, 

Have you also test the SIM card with other devices like your phone or other router and check if the SIM card can stably work?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer MR200 v5 Unable to Connect to Internet - Correct APN Settings and Firmware
2024-06-18 16:55:36

@branden 

Hi Sunshine,

Thank you for your response.

I have tested the SIM card in a regular phone, and it works perfectly fine. Additionally, when I set the Archer MR200 router to operate as a 3G\4G router, it successfully connects to the internet. However, the issue arises when the solar connection is meant to serve as a backup for my regular internet connection; in this scenario, there is no connection established.

Thank you for your support.

Options