x50 poe Management

x50 poe Management
x50 poe Management
2024-06-16 10:03:29
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning,

First, sorry for my english, its not my native language.

I currently have 3* X50-poe and 2*X50-outdoor and Im thinkin to introduce 2 more X-50 Outdoor. Right now, I have x50-poe as a router but I see that it has a very poor configuration of the security part(firewall, VLANs, DHCP, parental control, time control, ...)

Is there any device that integrates properly with my system so it can do the router functions, mesh and roaming management, also connection management, firewall, Vlans, ...?

I ask this because I realize that many times my devices do not connect to the nearest AP and it takes time to make the change of AP when walking around my place, or when I'm talking through VoWifi (Voice over Wifi) it takes so much time to make the change of AP and sometimes I lose the call. It also happens when doing a videocall.

Would this be solved with a device like the ER7212PC and then let the Omada software to manage all the connectivity part, the AP's, mesh, roaming between devices, and security part firewall, VLans, parental control, time control, ...?

Thanks in advice.

Options
1 Reply
Re:x50 poe Management
2024-06-18 11:39:39

@Kik_o 

Hi, welcome to the community.

When ER7212PC  is set as the main DHCP router,I guess you will also set Deco into Access Point mode, right?

ER7212PC would be a wonderful choice for advanced security settings. However, Deco in AP mode doesn't support VLAN tags anymore and Deco could only be managed through Deco APP, not Omada software.

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

If you wish to establish Multi-SSIDs via VLAN Tags, Deco would not be a suitable choice and Omada EAP system would be an excellent alternative.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3091/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 178

Replies: 1

Related Articles