EU/DE firmware update TL-PA717

a week ago
Tags: #Installation #firmware
Model: TL-PA717 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_071714_191011_901

I just got this kit and its working fine. Out of curiosity i searched if there is a firmware update and it seems like the EU/DE "download/search" website does not have the TL-PA717 listed at all, however a page about it does exist here. There doesn't seem to be a firmware update, however the same model in other languages does seem to have an update - though i am warned by TP to not use those. I did read in this forum that 7017 and 717 are virtually the same so is it possible that i have to use that firmware? (I also can not spot a difference on this comparison page).

Options
4 Reply
Re:EU/DE firmware update TL-PA717
a week ago

@Slluxx 

Hi,

Please download and use the corresponding model firmware for the upgrade. 

Besides, may I confirm why you need to upgrade the firmware? As the devices are already working normally.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Sunshine sorry but did you read my post?

I dont know which is the correct page for my device due to the inconsistency on this Website. The search doesnt yield a result, modifying the url directly works but does not mention a firmware update. The same model in other langusges does so its absolutely confusing.

And to your second question i wrote 'out of curiosity'. Also, if a newer firmware does exist, its for a reason. Why would i not want bugfixes, increased stability or whatever they may bring?

Options
a week ago

@Slluxx 

Hi,

Usually the new firmware for a product is to add new features or fix bugs. So if it is now working normally and it has no new firmware version released, you do not need to upgrade the firmware.

And about the issue you mentioned, that it cannot be searched on the DE website and cannot find the firmware, I will feed this back to the local website admin, and let them check it. Please keep an eye on the website update.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Sunshine 

Sunshine wrote

Usually the new firmware for a product is to add new features or fix bugs.

Yes, thats .. what i was saying?

Sunshine wrote

So if it is now working normally and it has no new firmware version released, you do not need to upgrade the firmware.

I know that i don't have to update the firmware if there are no new versions but based on the inconsistent results i am getting from this website, i don't know if there are any for my device. That's what i want to figure out.

Sunshine wrote

And about the issue you mentioned, that it cannot be searched on the DE website and cannot find the firmware, I will feed this back to the local website admin, and let them check it. 

The issue is not that i can not find the firmware but the entire TL-PA717 KIT device is missing from the search in DE.

Missing here: https://www.tp-link.com/de/home-networking/powerline/?filterby=5799%2C5796%2C5803

Missing here: https://www.tp-link.com/de/search/?q=717&t=product

Missing here: https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/download/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 98

Replies: 4

Tags

Installation
firmware
Related Articles