New device notification keeps poping

2024-06-17 10:30:03 - last edited 2024-06-18 13:38:03
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi, I have a X50-5G used as modem and router plus 3 X50 to extend the wifi network.

Recently, I tried to connect an old iPhone 4S (ios 9.3.6) and use it as a Spotify / Deezer server on a speaker. The connection to the WPA2/WPA3 Personal main WIFI was not possible (iPhone too old maybe) so I've created a WPA2 guest network. It works fine but every 15 to 30 minutes I receive an alert telling me that "a new device" has joined the network. It even uses the name I gave to the iPhone, which proves that although it recognizes it, it still considers it as "new". How can I stop those endless notifications?

Please note that the device runs on ios 9.3.6 so there is no "Private Address" feature and this only happens on for this device. Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:New device notification keeps poping
2024-06-18 07:24:21

@Jean-Phi 

Hi, did it help if you try to sey an address reservation on the Deco APP for the iPhone 4S?

In case it didn't help, could you please refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-06-18 13:36:39

@David-TP 

Hi, thanks for comming back to me.

I set an address reservation for the iPhone 4S but I still receive the notifications.

I just sent the logs.

Thanks,

Options
2024-06-19 03:26:06

@Jean-Phi 

Thank you very much and the log has been received.

Please check the email for further suggestions later.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 186

Replies: 3

Related Articles