Help Needed: Accessing TP-Link VR400 GUI Remotely in Bridge Mode

2024-06-20 18:19:08 - last edited 2024-06-21 09:12:26
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble accessing the GUI of my TP-Link VR400 router remotely. Here’s my setup:

• MikroTik Router

• Two Modem Routers in Bridge Mode:

1. TP-Link VR400

2. ZTE H188A

I've configured both modems in bridge mode and connected them to the MikroTik router, which hosts the PPPoE connection. My goal is to access the GUI of these modem routers remotely.

What I've Done:

I've set up the following NAT rules on the MikroTik router (this is a simple port forwarding that everyone does on their routers):

```

/ip firewall nat
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat disabled=yes dst-address=<Public_IP_TP-Link> dst-port=8081 protocol=tcp to-addresses=192.168.0.1 to-ports=80
add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat dst-address=<Public_IP_ZTE> dst-port=6713 protocol=tcp to-addresses=192.168.1.1 to-ports=80

/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=forward disabled=yes dst-address=192.168.0.1 dst-port=8081 protocol=tcp
add action=accept chain=forward dst-address=192.168.1.1 dst-port=6713 protocol=tcp

```

I've changed the MikroTik router and tested with another device, but I still had the same problem. I'm just typing this to make it clear for anyone who might not know the MikroTik router. I'm sure the problem is with the TP-Link router; it's blocking the connection somehow. I have edited the firewall rules to be as low as possible and changed the port, trying everything imaginable. I also searched online and found suggestions to enable "Remote Management" on the TP-Link router, but this option isn’t available in bridge mode. Despite all this, I still can't access the TP-Link router's GUI remotely. When I open the ZTE router remotely, it works fine without any problems, which means the port forwarding is working correctly.

Results:

• ZTE Router: I can access the GUI remotely via `Public_IP:6713`.

• TP-Link Router: When I try to access it via `Public_IP:8081`, I get a partially loaded page. If I try using HTTPS port 443, I get a "403 Forbidden" error.

Screenshots:

tplink page 1tplink page 2

Troubleshooting Attempts:

• Tried different methods and ports.

• Searched online, which suggested enabling "Remote Management" on the TP-Link router, but this option isn’t available in bridge mode.

• Set firewall rules to low on the TP-Link router to ensure it’s not blocking the connection.

Despite all this, I still can't access the TP-Link router's GUI remotely. Has anyone faced a similar issue with TP-Link routers and found a solution? Is there a way to achieve remote access to the GUI in bridge mode?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Help Needed: Accessing TP-Link VR400 GUI Remotely in Bridge Mode-Solution
2024-06-20 18:56:34 - last edited 2024-06-21 09:12:26

@Memo2001 

Check this thread. This could be due to the network protection against cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks - HTTP Referer Head Check feature enabled by default.

Some TP-Link devices don't have an option to disable this feature.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Help Needed: Accessing TP-Link VR400 GUI Remotely in Bridge Mode-Solution
2024-06-20 18:56:34 - last edited 2024-06-21 09:12:26

@Memo2001 

Check this thread. This could be due to the network protection against cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks - HTTP Referer Head Check feature enabled by default.

Some TP-Link devices don't have an option to disable this feature.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 1

Related Articles