NAT Forwarding
NAT Forwarding
Tuesday
Tags: #xx230v NAT Forwarding
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:0.12.0 3.0.0 v6066.0 Build 240319 Rel.37770n

Hey guys!
I'm having problems trying to access a server via ftp.

I registered a notebook that I have using port 192.168.1.7.
I also registered this fixed IP for the notebook so that it doesn't change if I restart the router or something like that. It worked, but even if I changed networks to another router that is connected to the xx230v's LAN port, I couldn't access this server, which in this case is an Archer C60.
I also did the same NAT Forwarding > Virtual Servers process.
But that's not the point, I would like to access it by accessing the xx230v, but I would like to know how to give autonomy to my Archer C60 too, since I can't add its IP to NAT Forwarding

Now I'm trying to register my desktop to access this server via ftp on ip 192.168.1.10 and the message appears that this port is busy.

And even if I change the already registered port to 192.168.1.10 (desktop IP) I still cannot access the ftp server.

What should I do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:NAT Forwarding
Tuesday

@PLoOc 

The error message comes up because you can't open a particular port to two different IP addresses (192.168.1.7 and 192.168.1.10). It should be one or the other.

If you want to have access to your FTP server even if the FTP server is connected to Archer C60 you should configure Archer C60 in AP mode (Case 1).

Once in AP mode the Archer C60 would be in the same local network subnet as your main router and there would be no need for additional  port-forward except on the main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:NAT Forwarding
Tuesday

@PLoOc Hi man. I have XX230v as main router connected to my ISP and I have some problem with FTP, can you test my problem with xx230v ? https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/671356 Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 68

Replies: 2

Tags

xx230v NAT Forwarding
Related Articles