Custom DDNS for multiple subdomains

2024-06-25 03:39:48 - last edited 2024-06-28 05:13:27
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hi, I have some suggestions regarding the Dynamic DNS services option.

I need to enable custom DDNS on multiple WAN ports, each one on a sub-domain of a unique domain.

---------------------

In Namecheap it should be set as:

dynamicdns[...]date?host=[host]&domain=[domain_name]&password=[ddns_password]&ip=[your_ip]

Host = @ (To dynamically update the IP address for a subdomain (test.yourdomain.tld), use test for Host (host=test)).
Domain Name = yourdomain.tld
Dynamic DNS Password = Domain List >> click Manage next to the domain >>Advanced DNS tab >> Dynamic DNS. If it is not enabled, enable it to check the password.
IP Address = optional value. If you don't specify any IP, the IP from which you are accessing this URL will be set for the domain.

----------------------

Because Namecheap URL does not require a [Username], I used it as the [Host], so it ended up like this:

dynamicd[...]pdate?host=[USERNAME]&domain=[DOMAIN]&password=[PASSWORD]&ip=

However I cannot create a DDNS for a different Wan port because the [DOMAIN] can`t be repeated.

I can see many ways it can be fixed, eliminating that rule entirely, making [DOMAIN] optional so it can be hard coded in the URL, creating another field or checkbox for it,etc.

*Having the possibility to create multiple URL strings for different services would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Custom DDNS for multiple subdomains-Solution
2024-06-28 05:12:54 - last edited 2024-06-28 05:13:27

@ArthurSantee Just found a workaround, I created a subdomain with a dot in the middle like "exem . ple" and use the following URL:

dynamicdns[...]com/update?host=[DOMAIN]&domain=[USERNAME]&password=[PASSWORD]&ip=

*note that I have been blanking out part of URL with [...] so I can post o the forum.

Now [DOMAIN] represents de subdomain, the latter cant be repeated any way, and now the [USERNAME] represents the actual domain, whitch Omada allows to repeat.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Custom DDNS for multiple subdomains-Solution
2024-06-28 05:12:54 - last edited 2024-06-28 05:13:27

@ArthurSantee Just found a workaround, I created a subdomain with a dot in the middle like "exem . ple" and use the following URL:

dynamicdns[...]com/update?host=[DOMAIN]&domain=[USERNAME]&password=[PASSWORD]&ip=

*note that I have been blanking out part of URL with [...] so I can post o the forum.

Now [DOMAIN] represents de subdomain, the latter cant be repeated any way, and now the [USERNAME] represents the actual domain, whitch Omada allows to repeat.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Custom DDNS for multiple subdomains
2024-07-04 04:04:53

I still want a better solution than this workaround.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 2

Related Articles