Xe75 Pro - can’t turn Qos on

2024-06-29 15:32:55
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi

just got the xe75 pro after upgrading from the m4's but so far I'm not impressed, speed isn't that great unless I'm very close to the AP and I have BT infinity 900/100, maximum I've had on my iPhone 15 is 380mbps which I just above the older m4 it's replacing (will try a computer soon just to be sure my net is working as expected)

so I've been looking at potential issues, one of which is Qos but it's off currently and when I switch it on I get an error saying it's failed to save information and goes back to off

i did so the upgrade deco option within the app to swap the info over from old to new deco so I'm thinking this has maybe not gone smooth

can anyone suggest how to get it faster and to be able to switch Qos on as I think this maybe came across from the old and is being restrictive somehow, anyway I think something isn't right so far and I'm a bit lost now

Updates fw to latest as well

thanks

craig

Options
8 Reply
Re:Xe75 Pro - can’t turn Qos on
2024-07-02 06:11:01

@Craig0ss 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

As for the QOS issue, could you mind removing the satellite Deco M4 from the Mesh system first,leaving Deco XE75 Pro only?

How about the Ethernet speed from the main Deco XE75 Pro? Have you finished testing the speed on the computer? How much speed on the computer?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-03 06:49:35

@David-TP 

i have replaced the m4's completely- only using the xe75 pro triple pack now but i used the swap function in the app to upgrade

in terms of speed, I'm testing on a computer plugged direct into the main deco and this is faster, by about 50%

I do have an engineer coming out to check a fault on the line though but this isn't the issue with the decos - range is less than the m4 and the speed is just a bit quicker than the m4 and no where need a large improvement - will keep testing speed etc 

the Qos is an issue though, any ideas?

Options
2024-07-04 02:04:39

@Craig0ss 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Improving the speed is not just about upgrading the router. Take the iPhone 15 for example, its wireless specification is:

https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/wi-fi-specifications-for-apple-devices-dep268652e6c/web

ax@6 GHz

2400 Mbps

160 MHz

11 (HE)

2/MIMO

ax@5 GHz

1200 Mbps

80 MHz

11 (HE)

2/MIMO

ac@5 GHz

866 Mbps

80 MHz

9 (VHT)

2/MIMO

the maximum wireless link speed is about 1200m/s when connecting to Deco XE75 Pro.

When it is connecting to Deco M4, its maximum wireless link speed is about 866m/s. The increase in link speed is about 40%.

If the iPhone supports 6Ghz, the maximum link speed to the Deco XE75 Pro would be 2400m/s which would highly improve the final internet download speed.

As for the QOS, I think you could try to restart the whole Mesh system once. If it didn't help, if possible, I hope you could reset the Deco XE75 Pro and set it up again.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-07-04 18:55:55 - last edited 2024-07-04 18:56:17

@David-TP 

yeah I get that, I did a full reset of the xe75 and now I'm getting better wireless speeds (650mbps) standing next to the main unit (can also turn on qos now too)

had bt out - to the modem is 980mbps (full by fiber speed)

however when plugged directly into the main deco I'm only getting 200-300mbps, tried multiple cat6 (brand new) cables and only once I got full speed (straight after the reset) but it's back to 200-300 again since - any ideas?

from the modem to deco via cat6 2.5gbps port, tried both other ports to the computer, computer is quite new with 1gbit port and wifi6 but using wired for testing though

thanks

craig

Options
2024-07-05 06:37:11

@Craig0ss 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

So currently, the wireless speed is working as expected however the Ethernet connection speed on the computer constantly stays at 200-300m/s, right?

Since now we are able to configure QOS, have you tried to set the QOS to 1024 Mbps upload/download?

--Please also refer to this link to check whether the Ethernet link speed is 1Gbps:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-05 09:56:45

@David-TP 

hello

i have set qos to 1500 up and down and also tried with it disabled

wireless speed when next to the main deco is about 650mbps max

wired (yes on 1gbps connection) ranges from about 200-300, using different cables (new cat6) and different ports on the main deco (2.5 port always connected to the modem), tried with 2 different laptops also

as mentioned I did get full speed on one test once directly after the deco reset but on the second and subsequent tests is back to 200-300 speed when wired

thanks

Options
2024-07-06 08:28:34

@David-TP 

so more testing and I'm at a loss

cant get more than 400 on either wireless or wired (I should be getting considerably more on both, iPhone 15 standing right next to the main unit or a laptop on 1gig connected straight into it) 😞

seems lots of others on these forums are having issues too, can you provide me some things to resolve these issues please? Or I will be sending them back unfortunately 

craig

Options
2024-07-08 12:07:16

@Craig0ss 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I recommended seeking assistance from the senior engineers before sending the case back to them. The case has already been forwarded to them, so please review the email for additional suggestions.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 287

Replies: 8

Related Articles