TP-PA4010P kit dropping connection between the two adaptors when the TV is switched on.

TP-PA4010P kit dropping connection between the two adaptors when the TV is switched on.

Sunday
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: TL-PA4010P KIT(EU)_V5_191120

Hello all, new to the forum

Purchased a TL-PA4010 KIt (Version 5) around 4~5 months ago in order to mesh two Asus router together to give full wifi coverage all over house which works great.

The set up I have is main ASUS router by the modem of which a LAN cable is connected to the TP-Link adapter, the other TP-Link adapter is in the conservatory of which another LAN cable is connected to another ASUS router to form the MESH, works great.

Occasionally the two adapters would loose connection, hence the middle LED would go off.

I was totally baffled why this was happening.

What I found out yesterday that every time I would switch on the television set in the conservatory the two adapters would drop connection, hence middle LED would go off. There is no LAN cable between the TV & router.

So I thought the Panasonic television was causing noise onto the mains, thus causing the two adapters to drop link. Hence, removed the Panasonic TV and replaced it with a Samsung TV thought this would solve the problem.

No it did not, every time I switch on the TV the adapters would drop connection.

Distance between the TV and adapter is around 2 meters, I have tried the TV to a different socket in the conservatory but I still get the same problem.

I have 2 other TV in the house at various locations which does not cause any problems.

Has everyone else had a problem like this?

Don't know what to do next, any ideas or suggestions.

The adapters are the TL-PA4010 Kit version 5, I know there is a newer version 6 out there which might solve the interference problem!

Regards

Jonseywales

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-PA4010P kit dropping connection between the two adaptors when the TV is switched on.
Monday

@Jonseywales 

Hi

High-power electrical appliances do have a greater impact on Powerline signal transmission. It is recommended that you place the TV in a room further away from the Powerline device for testing. The following links are for your reference:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/882/

Options
Re:TP-PA4010P kit dropping connection between the two adaptors when the TV is switched on.
Monday

@Joseph-TP 

Hello there

I have tried this having the TV around 4 meters away from the link adapter and to a different socket as well. Have tried two different TV but still the same, when TV switched on within a few seconds link is lost and middle LED goes off.

Regards

Jonseywales

Options
Monday

@Jonseywales 

A TV is not a high power device, rougly 150watts, but I'm sure the switch mode power supply in them does create a lot of harmonics that is causing the adapters to disconnect from each other. The moment I switch off the TV they will re-sync.

One TV is a Panasonic, LCD screen with compact flourescent tubes as backlight, the other TV is a Samsung, LCD screen with LED strips as backlight.

Still puzzeling

Jonseywales

Options
Tuesday

@Jonseywales 

Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on the TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240703956, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
22 hours ago

@Joseph-TP 

Hello again

Any update on ticket number 673962, reply was suppose to be one business day

Regards

Jonseywales smiley

Options
12 hours ago

@Jonseywales 

Sorry, typo. Tucket id is TKID240703956

Jonseywales

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 77

Replies: 6

Related Articles