TL-PA4010 KIT problems with connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-09 21:55:49
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1.2141-00_401013_171025_901

For some time now I have been encountering problems with the connection. For some time it's all fine, but from time to time, for the duration of a day or two I get random disconnects/loses of connection. It doesn't usually interfere with browsing the net, but playing anything online is simply impossible as it will either lag like crazy or simply kick out because "Server connection lost". I have tried googling the solution to that problem, but didnt find anything remotely helpful. Everything I tried didnt change anything. I wasted my whole Saturday trying to fix that.
I have literally flushed DNS.
Replugged the adapters and cables multiple times.
Restarted PC few times.
Literally uninstalled network card drivers and installed them back, to no avail.

The tp link app does literally nothing, only allowing me to look at two devices, not even offering an update or anything.

Is there any way to fix that?
I am willing to provide any logs necesarry for solving that problem.
Just hit me up.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010 KIT problems with connection
2021-01-10 05:46:07

@Bozdan 

Hi,

Did you have TL-WPA4220KIT(with Wi-Fi), or TL-PA4010KIT(without Wi-Fi)

And how long have you had the device and when did this issue start?

If possible, please turn off the power saving mode on the 4010 to have a look:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2018/

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:TL-PA4010 KIT problems with connection
2021-01-10 11:59:34

@TP-Link 

Hello,

I have the TL-PA4010 KIT, so the one without wifi, and without the power socket in it.

I have been using those devices since July 2020. The issue was happening on and off since like September.

Usually it only happened for a day, and then stopped after a day, to reappear after a month or two.

This time it has been ongoing for 3 days already.

There have been no devices added to the powerline at any point.

I have tried turning off the power saving mode, but from what I see it didn't change the problem.

The easiest method to notice this problem for me is pinging my router.
Every few seconds i get a "Request timed out". A single time out usually gives me lag.

While 2-3 timeouts in a row result in loss of connection to most servers.

Be it youtube, twitch, netflix, anything really.

At the same time I tried pinging additionally my local host, and google website.

Local host can be reached without a problem. Google encounters same timeouts as router.

From what I experienced, if I try to open a website during the request timeout, it will simply not open.

I have tried restarting router a few times, to no avail.

I have changed network cables, also with no result.
I have resetted the TL-PA4010 KIT devices multiple times, and paired them again.
Both with use of the button on the device, and using the "Powerline Key", with no changes to the problem I'm experiencing.

I really don't want to try and connect my PC directly into the router, because that would require me to unplug it completely and carry it

near the router. Altough, I will do so, if it will give me a chance to solving the problem.

Thank you too, and I'm waiting for a reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1437

Replies: 2

Related Articles