Can Deco X50-5G Connect to Another Wi-Fi Router as a Repeater

Wednesday - last edited Wednesday
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I have a Deco X50-5G and a portable Wi-Fi 5G router. Typically, I use the Deco X50-5G with a SIM card to receive 5G and distribute the connection via LAN and Wi-Fi.

For testing purposes of my new portable Wifi-5G router, I want to insert my data SIM card into this portable Wi-Fi 5G router and have the Deco X50-5G connect to this router's Wi-Fi signal. Not LAN, just wifi because it is a mobile router and does not have a LAN port.

My goal is to have my home PC, connected via LAN to the Deco X50-5G, run regular Ookla speed tests to measure the performance of the portable Wi-Fi router.

Is it possible to configure the Deco X50-5G to act as a wireless repeater or access point to connect to the portable Wi-Fi 5G router? If so, could you provide the steps to set this up or point where I can read about it?

It seems like a basic quesstion, so sorry for this. It is related to the following post https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/651310

but the difference is that I want to connect via Wifi, not via Ethernet cable.

I couldnt find anything about it….

Thank you for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can Deco X50-5G Connect to Another Wi-Fi Router as a Repeater
Thursday

@IlyaZar 

Hi

Deco X50-5G supports access point mode, but requires a wired connection. Sorry, it does not support wireless connection to portable Wi-Fi router as a repeater.

Warm regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 51

Replies: 1

Related Articles