Archer AX50 Range Extender Bug

2024-07-05 18:32:59 - last edited 2024-07-09 01:17:39

Hello TP-Link! I've had the TP-Link AX50 router since 2021, and I've always faced some problems with it, some of which were resolved by updates such as heating and the USB port bug. One problem still persists after all these years, the great incompatibility with signal repeaters. I've tested equipment from different manufacturers (including repeaters from TP-Link itself) and I always get high latency and low speed when the repeater transmits the same band as it receives from the AX50. For example, the connection is degraded when receiving Wi-Fi at 5GHz and retransmitting at 5GHz, even from 2.4GHz to 2.4GHz. In the end, forcing me to use my repeater as a 2.4GHz receiver and a 5GHz transmitter, drastically reducing performance.

The strangest thing is that this only occurs on some devices, especially those that only do 1x1 MU-MIMO, like my Galaxy M31, my Sony TV and my laptop. However, it does not affect all devices that do 1x1 MU-MIMO, working perfectly on my Amazon tablet, my Mi Box and my other laptop. And worst of all, both laptops have the same Wifi card, it seems to me to be something random, very strange.

Just to better define what would work perfectly, it's how to get 120Mbit down and 80Mbit with the repeater next to the router, and this is possible on devices that work. In others, speeds are between 40-50Mbit down and 1-9Mbit up, with latency of more than 100ms, breaking the experience.

TP-Link urgently needs to release an update to fix this problem, as it affects even its new AX repeaters (I tested with the entire line, none work properly with this router).

Other models of routers/repeaters I used:
RE305 v4 (this one worked a little better, but the problem persists)
Archer C60 v1 (stock and OpenWRT)
Archer C20 v4 (stock and OpenWRT)
D-Link DIR-505
TL-WR941ND
TL-WR940N
RE605X (and the entire line of Wifi 6 repeaters from TP-Link)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 Range Extender Bug
2024-07-12 05:56:49 - last edited 2024-07-12 05:57:46

@GMB7886 

I recommend you to change your router, AX50 is not a successful router, poorly made construction that heats up very badly, and you lose performance very quickly

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 1

Related Articles