EasyMesh Wi-Fi backhaul is preferred over Ethernet backhaul when routers are far from eachother

EasyMesh Wi-Fi backhaul is preferred over Ethernet backhaul when routers are far from eachother

15 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Wi-Fi backhaul is preferred over Ethernet backhaul when routers are far from eachother
2024-07-13 18:35:40 - last edited 2024-07-13 18:41:04

@Marvin_S sorry for the late reply. I restarted the router, here are the requested screenshots:

It says 1000Mbps Full Duplex for port #3 but it initiates Wi-Fi backhaul with very low signal (yes, it says signal strength maximum but you can see 144Mbps max):

Once I do the WPS button hack, it switches to Ethernet backhaul with 800Mbps+ @ speedtest all good:

Ethernet status shows the same, 1000Mbps Full Duplex:

I can't see why the cable would be the problem, the cable works perfectly @ ~1000 Mbps TESTED. And I need to mention this again: if the routers are nearby it correctly initiates Ethernet backhaul directly USING THE SAME 50 meters long cable. This is just a firmware fail having something to do with the low Wi-Fi signal

Options
Re:EasyMesh Wi-Fi backhaul is preferred over Ethernet backhaul when routers are far from eachother
2024-07-16 09:43:35

@JaniDraze 

Hi, thanks for your test and update.

As you mentioned that there is nowhere to do firmware upgrade on your 3 Archer AX10 V1, right?

I am afraid that you need to communicate with your ISP and add this feature first, because the senior support engineers need to install special debug software to locate the issue.

Maybe they hide the entrance? So it is suggested to upgrade firmware to 1.3.10(same as V1.2) first on your end to check if the same issue remains.

Options
2024-07-16 10:14:18

@Marvin_S yes, no option to upgrade the 3x routers (they're V1.20), only the 4th one (V1.0) can be upgraded. Will have to wait for TP Link to publish the 1.3.10 upgrade for V1.20 for EU https://www.tp-link.com/ro/support/download/archer-ax10/#Firmware so my ISP picks it up and installs it on my 3x routers, currently last version for V1.20 is 1.3.9 for EU as mentioned...

Options
2024-07-17 02:31:01 - last edited 2024-07-17 02:31:22

@JaniDraze 

Hi, your ISP can get the latest firmware version 1.3.10 for Archer AX10(EU) V1.20 from the global official website. You may help to tell them and there will be no need to wait. 

It is not necessary for your situation to have to wait for firmware release update from the local official website.

Options
2024-07-19 16:28:52

@JaniDraze Hey. I'm Facing the exact same issue. Onlyt that I have two routers. AX55 (main) v1 and AX53. AX53 keeps connecting to the main router over wifi despite having the ethernet connection with the main unit. Clicking WPS does not help in my case. It keeps the connection over wifi. 

Options
Related Articles