WiFi connection is not stable

2024-07-14 11:10:46 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer VX1800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:0.11.0 2.0.0 v6092.0 Build 230830 Rel.39623n

Hi,

I am facing low WiFi signal on my Laptop. When my Laptop connect to the Router with 2.4G band, the send/transmit rate will be 1000/6000(kbps) and sometimes 50/80(mbps) so the internet connection will be very slow and nothing will open. My laptop on the same table on my office room. If I use 5G prefered setting on my Laptop the connection is more stable. What can I do to fix that. As I know 2.4G is usefull for far location and 5G is better at closest location but my case is interesting as at far location I am using 5G while 2.4G is unusable.

My router Setting as the following:

Advance setting

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WiFi connection is not stable-Solution
2024-07-24 07:14:37 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Finally I got solved the issue.

It was my range Extender RE305 V4. The configuration for Extender to use maximum range coverage and connected as EasyMesh to my Main Router. The Extender is plugged on my Kitchen which is 7 Meters away to my Office with 4 Walls and Furniture in between so the Signal to my devices is low, While the main Router is at Saloon which away around 6 meters with 2 walls in between and the signal is very good. But some time devices connected to Extender not to main router no idea why. So I reduce the Extender coverage to minimum and tested yesterday so whole day the coverage is greate and no Slowness at all.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:WiFi connection is not stable
2024-07-14 17:42:30

@Reda_Otrosh 

You may try to disable band steering and test if there's an improvement in connection stability.

Enabling TWT will ensure smarter management of data streams and lower energy consumption for Wi-Fi 6 capable devices.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-07-14 18:03:35 - last edited 2024-07-14 18:04:09

@terziyski 

But band steering is required for me so else I will disable it but I will used the same SSID for both bands is that pheasible.

TWT will it affect network stability? cause I don't got how it will work and does it need any interaction from user side to wakeup the device connection.

Options
2024-07-14 18:19:00

@Reda_Otrosh 

Is some TP-Link routers a band steering feature is called Smart Connect.

There were user complains that this feature doesn't work as they expected or doesn't work well in their environment.

I usually disable this cause I prefer for a particular device to select which band (2.4 GHz or 5GHZ) it should connect to.

Using a different SSIDs for the bands gives me more granular control for this purpose.

Of course you can name them with the same SSID and test the stability in that case.

TWT doesn't need any interaction from the user side.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-07-16 13:57:51

It is like there might be interference or signal obstruction affecting your 2.4GHz band. Have you tried changing the channel on your router settings? Sometimes that can improve stability in crowded WiFi environments or stacked jeans men.

Options
2024-07-17 10:40:01

I disabled Band Steering and I am using different SSID names for bands and still testing. For 5G the connection is very stable and still testing 2.4G band.

I used different channel before but didn't help.

Options
Re:WiFi connection is not stable-Solution
2024-07-24 07:14:37 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Finally I got solved the issue.

It was my range Extender RE305 V4. The configuration for Extender to use maximum range coverage and connected as EasyMesh to my Main Router. The Extender is plugged on my Kitchen which is 7 Meters away to my Office with 4 Walls and Furniture in between so the Signal to my devices is low, While the main Router is at Saloon which away around 6 meters with 2 walls in between and the signal is very good. But some time devices connected to Extender not to main router no idea why. So I reduce the Extender coverage to minimum and tested yesterday so whole day the coverage is greate and no Slowness at all.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 6

Related Articles