Not able to access WEB UI on SG108PE

2024-07-16 11:01:54
Model: TL-SG108PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220531 Rel.35386

Dear all, new to the forum, but i sincerely hope I can have some insight from all of you.

I am building a home network, which is currently on the 'workbench'.

It is comprised of a PfSense router, a TP-LINK sg108pe switch and an Aruba AP 515 access point.

Here are a few words regarding my configuration. I am trying to keep it simple and later on build up.

PfSense: LAN interface 10.10.10.1 with DHCP server running and providing IPs for the rest of the network devices. No VLANS whatsoever. Firewall rules on the LAN interface: allow all to all (for the sake of the testing).

TP-Link switch: configured to get IP via DHCP reservation table of the PfSense. IP 10.10.10.2 VLAN functionality is disabled; One of the ports is occupied by the Aruba AP.

Aruba AP: configured to get IP via DHCP reservation table of the PfSense. IP 10.10.10.3. One singe TEST SSID is configured - no access restrictions, client IP assignment is via network (from the PfSense), AP VLAN assignment is Default; No VLAN isolation enabled on this network (clients can talk to each other).

What's happening is - when my notebook is connected via Ethernet straight to the switch I can access the web UI of the switch at 10.10.10.2. When I am connected to the TEST wifi network i can not access the web UI of the switch.

On wifi: my notebook IP is provided by the PfSense and it is in the 10.10.10.0/24 subnet. I can ping the other devices in the subnet. I can access the UI of the Aruba and the PFsense. Tried to clean the browser cache - no success. Thought it was the default gateway issue, but it is provided by the DHCP server. The switch has no option to tie the management interface on a certain VLAN so there's no room for error there. Don't think it is a firewall rule issue either. I am out of ideas

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Not able to access WEB UI on SG108PE
2024-07-17 02:20:34

Hi @S_Todorov 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can ping other devices, does this include the SG108PE?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options