Slow mesh speed even with ethernet backhaul

2024-07-19 06:30:16 - last edited 2024-07-19 06:32:02
Tags: #slow speed
Model: Deco X20   Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: x20 = 1.2.0 Build 20231221 Rel. 56452. x60 = 1.2.5 Build 20240106 Rel. 2319

I have 3 units of X20 and 1 unit of X60.I have set X20 as Main Deco (DHCP), also all decos are updated from mobile app.

ALL CONNECTED WITH THE ETHERNET CABLE (KEEP IN MIND). My plan is 200mbps download and 200 mbps upload.

Now the issue is, whenever phone goes from one deco unit's area to another deco unit's area mesh network works but with slower speed. Here download speed capped at 40-42 mbps while upload speed even slower like below 10mbps. To get full speed i have to disconnect my phone from wifi and reconnect to get the full speed. After reconnecting, download  and upload starts working as per plan. If i had to disconnect and reconnect then why would i buy Mesh Network? I was doing that without Mesh Network with older wifi deivces. To get rid of this thing i bought mesh, but problem remains. Pls solve this TP Link...

other details : 

1)Speed drop is for all devices connected to the network, which includes oneplus nord, oneplus 7 pro, oneplus 11, Samsung Galaxy s24 ultra, ipad air 2.

2)I have already turned off 2.4 ghz on main network, only 5ghz working on main network. So mentioned devices i gave you, are just connected with 5ghz already. On guest network 2.4ghz is on ( for guest network i have turned off 5ghz ). All tests are done on 5ghz Main Network.

3) I do check if client has changed deco or not, from the app. I only do speedtest after confirming - that the phone has connected to the nearest deco. So speed is slow even when phone has connected to the nearest deco.

4) My network map is like this : ( All Ethernet )

ISP's Router 

|

Main Deco X20

|                               

1GBPS Network Switch

|

------------------------------------------

|                                                 |

X20                                            X60

|

Another Network Switch

|

X20

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow mesh speed even with ethernet backhaul
2024-07-22 12:04:02

@Nyt 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Please check on the Deco APP to make sure all the satelite Decos are on Ethernet Backhaul.

Have you also tested the Ethernet speed from one of the satellite Deco?

Please also check the QOS settings on the Deco APP and comfirm it is either disabled or set to 200 mbps upload/download.

By the way, may I know the model numbers of the two switches here?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 141

Replies: 1

Tags

slow speed
Related Articles