Airplay drops out intermittently Deco X50

2024-07-21 10:07:35
Tags: #Airplay
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel.40485

We've a regular Plusnet fibre but due to being over 3 floors the deco mesh system really helps. I've set up 3 decos. We've now got a really strong signal all through the house. To prevent WiFi conflicts I've turned the plusnet WiFi off so everything can connect with the decos' WiFi. The mini HomePods had previously been connected to the plusnet WiFi and had played via airplay just fine (although the Plusnet speed from the router wasn't as fast as via the deco), once set up with the Decos, I'd had to keep switching my phone's WiFi connection back to Plusnet in order to use the HomePod which was frustrating so now the HomePods are all connect to the Deco mesh (now I've turned the WiFi off on the plusnet router) - but now we find that when playing music via airplay it constantly pauses or drops off completely. So the situation seems that it's fine running airplay music to HomePods via  the Plusnet from iPhone and won't run properly via the Deco. But I don't really want two WiFi networks running- any suggestion welcome please? Thanks in advance 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Airplay drops out intermittently Deco X50
2024-07-22 12:09:43

@PoundburyDeco 

Hi, Are the three Deco units wirelessly connected together?

I saw before someone mentioned if the iPhone is connected to the same Deco as HomePods, the Airplay could fail to stream sometimes.  So I wonder if they are connected to separate Deco units, will playing music via airplay get much better?

Please also disable "Fast roaming" and "Beamforming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Airplay drops out intermittently Deco X50
2024-07-23 12:23:19 - last edited 2024-07-23 12:24:04

@David-TP 

Hi David, thanks a lot for responding 😀 yes the three Decos are wirelessly connected together. 

I'll test out this suggestion of trying to connect to different decos. 

Also, I'll adjust these settings. I'll let you know how we get on! 

many 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 180

Replies: 2

Tags

Airplay
Related Articles