Archer AX55 Pro v1.0 wifi 5ghz Stress problem!

2024-07-22 23:37:17 - last edited 2024-07-23 02:16:24
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20240426 rel.31941(5553)

Hello friends,

I would like to tell you about the following stress problem that I am observing in my new archer ax55 pro. I currently have 1Gbps fiber, and I have 2 routers interconnected with each other through a Cat 8 Ethernet cable.

The sagecom router with my cell phone and Oakla speedtest = 87 MB upload and 95 download.

But the AX55 pro router with the same cell, in the same place and with the same Oakla speed test = 24MB download and 25.5 upload.

why ?  

The ax55 pro router is much better in all its technical characteristics than the sagecom model, and both in WiFi 6 I cannot get the ax55 to go up to 90MB (900mbps)

I have the latest firmware and everything is in excellent technical condition, is there any tuning to do?

Thank you so much!

Christian

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 Pro v1.0 wifi 5ghz Stress problem!
2024-07-23 07:36:17

@Christian-W 

Is the AX55 Pro working in Router mode or Access Point Mode? If it's working in Router mode, the speed might be affected due to double NAT in the network. Please try to change it to Access Point Mode and test the speed again.

Alternatively, you can try to swap the location of the Sagecom router and the AX55 Pro if possible to make the AX55 Pro work as the main gateway router, then check if your can get the desired speed.

What is the current firmware version of the AX55 Pro? You may update and install the latest official version from the router web GUI or download the firmware from the website:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax55-pro/v1/#Firmware

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-24 23:56:21

@Kevin_Z  

First, thanks for responding.

It is in router mode. It has port forwarding rules, DNS and other configurations to serve 50 IOT devices that enter from SAEGECOM via Ethernet cable. 

If I put it in access point mode I can affect the entire network.

The problem I have with slowness is only from the 5ghz WIFI of the ax55 pro. I also tried to perform the speed test with the ax55 disconnected from all devices but it did not improve, that is, using 5ghz WIFI it does not exceed 25MB upload and download.

If I do it from sagecom, the speed test using 5ghz WIFI exceeds 90MB upload and download.

Also check that there is no interference with other WIFI networks, placing it on an interference-free channel.

"Alternatively, you can try to swap the location of the Sagecom router and the AX55 Pro if possible to make the AX55 Pro work as the main gateway router, then check if your can get the desired speed."

I cant do it..

It has the latest official firmware.

Thanks!

Christian

Options
2024-07-25 06:50:24

@Christian-W Thank you very much for all the detailed information.

Have you ever tested what speed you can get when connecting a PC or device to the AX55 Pro LAN port with an Ethernet cable? If not yet, can you please give it a try? This will help confirm if the speed is limited by the hardware or is affected by wireless interference.

If the speed is as good as expected when connecting to the AX55 Pro via cable, then please connect the phone or another wireless device to the 5G network again and test the speed. This time, please help check the wireless link speed on the phone or device, and show us a screenshot of it.

Please also show us the 5G wireless settings on the AX55 Pro. You can mask the SSID and password for privacy.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-27 23:44:58

@Kevin_Z 

thanks again for the concern

"Have you ever tested what speed you can get when connecting a PC or device to the AX55 Pro LAN port with an Ethernet cable? If not yet, can you please give it a try? This will help confirm if the speed is limited by the hardware or is affected by wireless interference."

Yes, I have tried doing a speed test via ethernet cable and there are NO speed problems, the only problem is in WIFI

Saegecom WIFI 5ghz cable ethernet to Ax55

AX55 pro Wifi 5ghz

In ax55 settings

Thanks!

Christian

Options
a week ago

@Christian-W 

Does anyone have this problem or can you help me?

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 5

Related Articles