Deco X50 LAN Ports in AP Mode

2024-07-23 10:11:06 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:26:50
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Community,

I have 3 Deco X50 behind a FritzBox 7590 AX in Germany. I've learned after a few days, that I should put the Deco Network in AP Mode instead of Router Mode. One Deco is connected via LAN Cable. The other two X50 connects via WiFi to the main X50. In Router Mode, I used one LAN Port of the Main X50 to connect my Server via LAN Cable. In AP Mode, the server connected to this LAN Port on the X50 get no IP Adress. Also  three other devices, connected via a switch to the third LAN Port of the X50 showed up in the App - but with no IP Adress.

Is it not possible to use the LAN Ports in AP Mode? Are the devices "invisible" for my FritzBox (Main Router)?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Greetings from Germany

Manuel

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X50 LAN Ports in AP Mode-Solution
2024-07-23 12:42:07 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:26:49

@PapaSchlumpf 

It is possible to use Deco LAN ports in AP mode. Which is what I do.

You may wish to try powering off/on your home devices in the following order, to see if it fixes the problem. Make sure Deco mesh runs in Access Point mode before you do that.

Power off:  FritzBox, all Deco units, Server, "three other devices." Wait for 5 minutes after they all are offline.

Power on order:

1. FritzBox - wait until it is fully online, then proceed with next step;

2. Main Deco - wait until it is fully online, then proceed with next step;

3. All Satellite Deco - in any order;

4. Server - check if it gets IP address now, you should also see it in Deco app connected to Main Deco over Ethernet;

5. "Three other devices" - and check if they are visible in Deco app and with IP addresses.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X50 LAN Ports in AP Mode-Solution
2024-07-23 12:42:07 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:26:49

@PapaSchlumpf 

It is possible to use Deco LAN ports in AP mode. Which is what I do.

You may wish to try powering off/on your home devices in the following order, to see if it fixes the problem. Make sure Deco mesh runs in Access Point mode before you do that.

Power off:  FritzBox, all Deco units, Server, "three other devices." Wait for 5 minutes after they all are offline.

Power on order:

1. FritzBox - wait until it is fully online, then proceed with next step;

2. Main Deco - wait until it is fully online, then proceed with next step;

3. All Satellite Deco - in any order;

4. Server - check if it gets IP address now, you should also see it in Deco app connected to Main Deco over Ethernet;

5. "Three other devices" - and check if they are visible in Deco app and with IP addresses.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 1

Related Articles