Setting up wifi 7 with powerlines

2024-07-23 19:17:15 - last edited 2024-07-24 22:03:01

At the moment, I have a BT smart hub 2  on Halo3+ adsl

At some point it will be upgraded to full fibre.

This signal is sent to the other end of the house by AV1200  wifi powerline.

I'm looking at the be65, but due to the fact my  alarm system and CCTV are connected to the smart hub, so I need to keep the same wifi address. 

I'm looking at changing the powerline to the Tplink wired passthrough PG2400P KIT as I believe the deco be65 doest work with the av1000 powerline.

My thought is to connect the be65 to the powerline which goes into the smart hub 2 direct, then set ut up with the same wifi name and password as the SH2, would the be65 need to be in access point mode?

Many thanks for any answers

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting up wifi 7 with powerlines
2024-07-24 21:16:16

@Warknan58 

Hi,

I am sorry, but your post is a bit difficult for me to read due to all the typos.

The regular Deco BE65 doesn't have support for Powerline built inside, so it shouldn't matter whether you use it together with a Homeplug AV/AV2 Powerline adapter Kit like your "AV1000" or G.hn Powerline adapters like the PG2400P.

Using the BE65 in access point mode would make sense in your network layout. If the BE65 was used in router mode, then client devices connected to the Smart Hub 2 would not be able to access client devices that are connected to the BE65.

By the way, a warning about the Powerline technology. If you are going to upgrade to a very fast fibre connection, then the Powerline link between the Smart Hub 2 and the BE65 will likely become a bottleneck for you. Keep that in mind.

Options
Re:Setting up wifi 7 with powerlines
2024-07-24 22:06:37

@woozle Apologies, unfortunately I have lost one eye and the other has Glaucoma, so sometimes my posts get a little muddled.

I think I have put it right now.

Thank you for your reply. The powerline is a stop gap until full fibre is eventually fitted

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 148

Replies: 2

Related Articles