TP-LINK RE300 V1 EasyMesh Compatibility Issue

2024-07-24 05:42:21 - last edited 2024-07-24 09:05:42
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20221009 Rel. 29646

Hi,

I have an RE300 V1, which originally supported OneMesh. It worked perfectly with OneMesh on my Archer C80 V1. However, after updating my Archer C80 to EasyMesh, my RE300 V1 can connect to EasyMesh on the C80 in compatibility mode, but my devices, such as my HP EliteBook, Asus VivoBook Pro, and Smart TV, are not connecting to the RE300 as an access point. Instead, they are all trying to connect to the main router, making the RE300 seem invisible to them.

Last week, I purchased an RE200 V5.0, which supports EasyMesh, and all my devices automatically connect to it smoothly.

My question is: when will EasyMesh be available for the RE300 V1? When I bought the RE300 along with the Archer C80, they both supported OneMesh and worked flawlessly. Since updating the C80 to EasyMesh, these issues have arisen. TP-Link should address this since both devices are marketed as the best match for each other. I am surprised there is no EasyMesh update available for the RE300 V1 yet.

@Kevin_Z Could you please share some information on this.

Regards, Saugata D.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK RE300 V1 EasyMesh Compatibility Issue
2024-07-24 10:02:37

Hello @iAmSaugata, thank you for posting in the community.

iAmSaugata wrote

My question is: when will EasyMesh be available for the RE300 V1? When I bought the RE300 along with the Archer C80, they both supported OneMesh and worked flawlessly. Since updating the C80 to EasyMesh, these issues have arisen. TP-Link should address this since both devices are marketed as the best match for each other. I am surprised there is no EasyMesh update available for the RE300 V1 yet.

@Kevin_Z Could you please share some information on this.

As per the EasyMesh Compatibility List, there is no plan to support EasyMesh on RE300 V1 via firmware update.

Regarding your question, RE300 V1 worked flawlessly with Archer C80 when they both used Onemesh but the devices would prefer to connect to the main C80 after it implements EasyMesh. Have you tried to reset the RE300 V1 and reconfigure it to connect to the C80 network after you upgraded its firmware? If not yet, give it a try.

Alternatively, you may check if it's possible to connect the RE300 V1 to the C80 via Ethernet cable, then configure it into Access Point mode on the RE300 V1 and set the same SSID and password as on the C80 to observe if the devices will connect to a preferred network automatically.

If this doesn't help either, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-25 08:45:17 - last edited 2024-07-25 08:46:30

@Kevin_Z 

RE300 V1 don't have any ethernet port. Also, I have done the reset multiple times.

Regards, Saugata D.
Options
2024-07-25 10:05:21

@iAmSaugata 

Sorry, my bad. I didn't check the specifications of the RE300 V1. Apologies for any confusion caused.

I may run out of suggestions. Please contact technical support to check if they have any solutions or suggestions.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 168

Replies: 3

Related Articles