Roaming / Handover X50 / X50 outdoor / AI Mesh

2024-07-28 08:48:35 - last edited 2024-07-28 08:51:34
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Happy customer of deco m5 (which is supported for >4 years, main reason why my new purchase is also tp-link).

I recently added a X50 and a X50 outdoor to my network.

FIrst of all: kudos that tp-link deco is backwards compatible with older mesh devices, amazing usp!

Quite happy also with the X50 and the X50 outdoor! Main difference I experience with the deco M5 is roaming / handover when you move around the house.

On the deco m5 my devices always quickly connect to the satellite with the strongest signal / highest speed.

On the X50 / X50 outdoor I experience that my devices stay connected to a satellite with a weaker signal longer than expected. Even when signal is quite weak (for example 2 out 5), the device does not quickly move to the satellite that has a way stronger signal (5 out of 5). Eventually it does connect to the satellite with strongest signal, but often only after minutes, while on the deco m5 it was after seconds.

I think somehow on the deco m5 the sattellite with weaker signal kicked the device to enforce the device to connect to the stronger signal or so?

Also quite curious how the AI in the mesh is supposed to work? I don't have the idea that roaming behaviour changes in time or so?

Anyhow: maybe good to check the deco m5 roaming algoritm and see if it can be applied to the deco x50 / x50 outdoor? Would be amazing!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Roaming / Handover X50 / X50 outdoor / AI Mesh
2024-07-30 09:05:37

@janoosti 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

For the AI Mesh, it is suggested to refer to AI-Driven Mesh. I think there might be different roaming threshold values for Deco M5 and Deco X50.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 1

Related Articles