Bandwidth Control/Speed Limit feature request for Archer C6

2024-07-30 17:23:14
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20211118 rel.43110(4555)

Currently, Archer C6 have QoS instead of Bandwidth control/Speed limit feature and I'm totally aware of that.

To me this QoS feature isn’t very useful as it doesn’t gives much control over limiting some device to certain point. 

While, the Bandwidth control gives me more control over the devices that are connected to my router. I can limit different devices to different options, which is exactly what is needed for every routers, in my opinion.

I've tried to use the QoS for the control over devices that are connected and I'm not impressed at all, as this only prioritizes some devices over others while letting the other devices using the amount of bandwidth i don't want those particular devices to use.

In my opinion, here are are the pros and cons of the QoS:

Pros

• Can give priorities one devices over the others.

Cons:

• Can't refrain devices from using the huge amount of bandwidth all the time. 
  • Can't set specific limit to ​​any devices that are connected.
  • Less control over the Wi-Fi and devices using the network.

So, this is my very humble request to the TP-LINK to consider my request as a member of this community and user of the TP-LINK router. I'll be delighted to see the feature Bandwidth control/Speed limit in this particular router (Archer C6).

Looking forward to it and thanks a lot for reading this long text! (Sorry for the long text though ☺️).

Zaden

A new member of the community.

​​​​

Options
2 Reply
Re:Bandwidth Control/Speed Limit feature request for Archer C6
2024-07-30 19:24:21 - last edited 2024-07-31 15:28:42

@Zaden 

Refer to this feature request regarding Archer C6 bandwidth control.

Should you choose to support a particular feature request you can click on the vote icon:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Bandwidth Control/Speed Limit feature request for Archer C6
2024-07-31 14:55:00

@terziyski Thanks for that.

I also couldn’t help but notice the post that you referred me to is pretty old.

To me, it seems like Tp-Link is not concerned about that at all regardless of good amount of request (there is really a lot of complaint and request) about that specific topic for years. 

I wonder why is that. Although they had this feature before they brought kind of useless QoS and they are struggling to even bring that feature back.

I'm going to be loud and clear here that, this QoS is useless while trying to replace the bandwidth control/speed limit feature. It has failed in that term.

Options