Reconnect the deco app to an existing deco network v2

2024-08-01 06:09:01
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Setup TP-LInk Deco M9 Plus and connected it with the Deco app. Everything working great. Changed phones, downloaded Deco app on the new phone and it won't access the existing network. It gives me a "Paint Your Home in Wi-Fi, Let's begin" screen and wants me to re-set up my Deco network. But the network is already running fine. I just want to connect the app to it so I can control the network. Has anyone resolved this?

I've seen a ton of pages of folks that have had the same problem but have never seen a solution. There are a lot of very lame posts from TP-LINK and DAVID-TP that misdirect, ask questions and don't solve the problem. I'm beginning to believe that it's impossible to connect the Deco app to an existing Deco network. Anyone solve this problem?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reconnect the deco app to an existing deco network v2
2024-08-02 02:39:38

@c_hock 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Upon reviewing your TP-Link email ID/Community registration email, there is a pair of Deco M9 plus bound to this email and the cloud status is online.

So based on the current details,  you should not encounter any issues as long as you are signing in with the correct email.

If you don't mind, you could refer to this link to submit the Deco APP log to us first and I'm sure the senior engineer could help us locate the issue as soon as possible:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options