Satellite Decos don´t connect to main deco

2024-08-03 01:47:31 - last edited 2024-08-08 09:40:07
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231226 Rel. 75366

Just updated my deco xe75 pro V. 1.6 to the last firmware 1.2.5 and now any satellite deco cannot connect to it. I don´t know if it´s because of the update or something else.

In my house I have 7 decos: two xe75pro and 5 xe60 ( I am thinking to take one out, because I read those are to many)

A month ago, everything was working fine, but I wanted to create a IoT network, so I eliminated my original network. I created two networks: the IoT and the main one. I finished all the connections and the problems started. I have around 40 Iot devices connected, and suddenly they appeared connected to the main network randomly. After that, the second problem began.

All the satellite deco (x60) started to lose connection although some one them had a green light, in the deco app appeared offline. Currently, just the two xe75 pro are connected with a Ethernet connection but the others don´t connect. I rebooted the network, disconnected the decos and nothing changes. Sometimes, one or two x60 connects, but after a while they appear offline again.

Today I updated the x60 to 1.2.8 build 20240522 Rel. 33652 but nothing changed, they are offline. Sometimes, one or two got connection and after a while, they disconnect. Please, help!!! My network is useless this way.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Satellite Decos don´t conect to main deco
2024-08-05 07:40:45 - last edited 2024-08-05 07:41:04

@Etnomleb 

Hi

You could refer to the following link to troubleshoot:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2428/
It is recommended that you reset X60 and add it again.
How are the 4 X60 units connected in the network, are they connected to each other via Wi-Fi or Ethernet Backhaul? If possible, please share the map of the network page.

Regarding the IoT network issue, how did you discover that the IoT device is connected to the main network? Is it through the client list? It is recommended that you change the main network to a new name.

Warm regards.

Options
2024-08-05 17:39:46

@Etnomleb 

@Joseph-TP Hi! Thanks for aswer. 
 The x60 are connected to each other via Wi-Fi. The two xe75 pro are connected via Ethernet Backhaul.

Regarding the IoT network issue, I discovered that the IoT devices are connected to the main network through the client list. The networks are named complete different, the main one is called Enterprise and the other the Ark.

I haven´t tried to reset the deco, I will do it. 

Options
2024-08-11 19:27:53

MapUpdate:

I have reset all x60 and nothing changed. Although the light is green and even appeared connected in the app, any client got connected to them. After a while, all x60 disconnect again. I tried to replace the xe75 pro as main deco I always appeared an error. Just the two xe75 pro are online. Now I can't change the main deco and some of x60's lights are red and other green. I am still waiting the latest xe75 pro's firmware.

Options