Deco X50-5G: LED is solid Green but there is no Wi-Fi and does NOT reset

2024-08-07 15:09:13
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a Deco X50-5G (bought last May 2024) that was working fine as a 4G/5G router and, all of a sudden, I got home and, bang:

1) the LED light is solid Green (meaning “Deco is all set up and connected to 4G/3G”), but it does not broadcast a Wi-Fi signal, so I have NO access to it;

2) the LED is solid Green even WITHOUT the SIM card (but does not broadcast a Wi-Fi signal);

3) after I power on my Deco the first colour of the LED that appears (in about 5-6 seconds) is solid Green and stays that way forever;

4) it does NOT even reset when pressing the reset button for more than 1s: the LED continues solid Green while I press the reset button and continues solid Green afterwards (the LED should turn pulsing Yellow and then solid Yellow); therefore I cannot set it up again from scratch.

In order to have internet I had to resort to my old Archer MR200 which, with that same SIM card, works perfectly.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jorge Belo

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G: LED is solid Green but there is no Wi-Fi and does NOT reset
2024-08-08 02:56:37

@Jorge_Belo 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you tried this link to check whether Deco X50-5G could get into firmware recovery mode:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

If it still remains solid green, I think you might need to contact the shop retailer for warranty service.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X50-5G: LED is solid Green but there is no Wi-Fi and does NOT reset
2024-08-09 09:56:22
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. At this moment I do not feel very comfortable with such a solution: 1) I bought my Deco X50-5G three months ago so it is under guarantee. 2) I do not see my Deco X50-5G in the list of models to which this solution applies (I see only the Deco X50-4G and the Deco X50); 3) the procedure is somewhat complex for my knowledge/expertise; 3) I’m afraid that if, for some reason, something goes wrong, this could ruin the guarantee. So, I think I will follow your other solution “contact the shop retailer for warranty service.” Thanks. Best regards
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 150

Replies: 2

Related Articles