RE455 keeps losing connection

2024-08-16 05:58:40
Model: RE455  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My RE455 is able to connect to my main network, but it randomly loses connection around 4AM (it might lose it more often, but that's when I notice it). 

I have checked the IP address and it matches the main network, the LED remains blue and I've tried different wifi channels. Any other suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE455 keeps losing connection
2024-08-16 09:23:04

@nachocab 

Hi

You may refer to the link below:

What if the Range Extender keeps losing connection?

Options
2024-08-17 09:43:24

@Joseph-TP I've followed all the steps without solving the issue:

1. Led status on RE when issue happens: BLUE

2. Try to log in range extender web page when issue occurs and share a photo of Status page. See Below

3. How often does RE lose Internet and how to recover, like reboot RE or reboot router? It happens between 4-7AM. It goes away if I unplug it and plug it back in. The router always works fine. 
4. Brand and model of router &  Network topology: Router arcadyan PRV3399B-B-LT RE455 v1.0
5. Firmware and hardware version of RE:  How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device? HW version: RE455 v1.0 firmware: 1.0.0 Build 20191209
6. For dual-band extender, verify if the problem is with 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz or both: BOTH
7. When did you buy the extender, and how long has it been working fine with the same router? I bought it in 2021-07-02

8. Does the issue particularly happen during in certain/ large-traffic network activities, like P2P download, streaming, or gaming? No

Options
2024-08-22 03:21:28

@nachocab 

Hi

It is advisable to bring both the extender and router into the same room to test if the issue persists.

If the problem continues, you may consider trying the final troubleshooting step. 

Turn ON RE’s DHCP Server, set up a static IP and smaller IP address pool for RE as the instruction here:

TP-Link range extender can't connect to my router properly?

Given the extended period of use for the extender, if none of the aforementioned methods prove successful, it is recommended to reach out to the retailer to inquire about the warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 169

Replies: 3

Related Articles