TL-PA8010P Suddenly stopped working

2024-08-23 16:33:54
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been using this adapter set for nearly 3 years to connect my PC via ethernet and never really had a problem. All of a sudden today the internet was going very slowly on my PC but the wifi was still fine. Then the internet would drop out entirely on my PC but still the wifi was fine. I've done everything on the PC end and then checked the adapters and the one nearest the router will only light up when you unplug it and plug it back in but then it will just switch off. I've tried changing sockets as well. Does this likely mean that its on the way out and I need a new one? Is there a potential fix to this? Any suggestions are appreciated here.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA8010P Suddenly stopped working
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Syphonrecall 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

Usually, if the internet stopped working, we recommend this guide for you to troubleshoot.

For your situation, I am worried whether your powerline adapter near the router got a hardware broken, as you mentioned it switched off.

As per your description, you may have two powerline units, one powerline adapter near the router, another power extender near your PC.

You may bring the two units in the same room where your router stays, take factory reset on both units and reconfigure, then you may follow the guide we suggest to take normal troubleshooting.

Options