Vigi Wireless Camera degrade entire wifi network

3 weeks ago
Model: VIGI C340-W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have existing network: 2 EAP225 outdoor (1 is on mesh mode), ER605, I successfully connected my 9 Vigi Camera to my separate SSID. The problem is that when they are all connected, they degrade the entire network, my internet speed is very slow, around 2 mbps instead of the typical 30 mbps.

Is it the EAP 225 reason for the degrade? or due to high bandwidth of my cameras?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Vigi Wireless Camera degrade entire wifi network
3 weeks ago

Hi @Krade 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Let's say 9 cameras on the same NVR. So, on the NVR, you should see the bandwidth.

Usually, the NVR is designed with the 100Mbps. And it should be okay for an Access Point to carry 9 cameras.

And, the access and uploading are local unless you are viewing all 9 cameras from a remote site all the time. It should not affect the Internet speed.

9 cameras simultaneously uploading to the server, could be a problem for regular home upload. The video quality would degrade most of the time if the upload bandwidth is not good enough.

You should be more specific on your network speed and description with this explanation above.

WIFI degrades, you should also take into consideration the distance of your testing device. Anyway, it is not my top concern. You should test the wired speed to learn if you are actually facing a problem with the speed.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options