MR500 LAN speed drops to 100 Mbps

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 240401 Rel.65608n_Beta

I recently discovered that the MR500 LAN connection to my main router has dropped to 100 Mbps instead of its normal 1 Gbps.  The MR500 is being used as a secondary internet connection in a failover configuration.

The cable is not the problem.  In monitoring the main router's port status, the connection starts at 1 Gbps when rebooting the MR500.  Shortly thereafter the connection drops to 100 Mbps.  As the 4G LTE connection is not all that fast, I suspected that the MR500 may be dropping the speed on its own but that doesn't make sense.  The wired LAN speed connection between devices should remain constant.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MR500 LAN speed drops to 100 Mbps-Solution

Update:  Changing the MR500 cable connection from the WAN/LAN port to one of the other LAN ports fixed the problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:MR500 LAN speed drops to 100 Mbps-Solution

Update:  Changing the MR500 cable connection from the WAN/LAN port to one of the other LAN ports fixed the problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:MR500 LAN speed drops to 100 Mbps
3 weeks ago

@jra11500 

Hi, thanks for your update~

You may keep monitoring the speed performance.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S 

Thanks for responding.  After a day, the speed has not dropped.  It would appear that there is a problem with the WAN/LAN port speed negotiation which the engineers should look at.  The MR500 is operating in the 3G/4G router mode.

Options
2 weeks ago

@jra11500 

Hi, thanks for your feedback~

May I confirm some detailed information to understand your situation better?

1. What is your exact network topology? If MR500 is connected to your main router, is it connected to WAN/LAN port on MR500?

2. The speed you mentioned is WAN negotiation speed, not actual internet speed? You may share the screenshot if possible.

3. If it shows EU version on the bottom label of your MR500, it is suggested to upgrade the latest firmware on the official website.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Marvin_S 

Thank-you for your response.  Allow me to answer your questions:

1.  The MR500 is connected directly to the main router using a LAN port of the MR500.  If I use the WAN/LAN port of the MR500, the negotiated speed of the connection will sometimes drop to 100 Mbps.  Using one of the other 3 LAN ports, the negotiated speed always remains at 1 Gbps.

2.  The actual internet speed is, of course, much, much slower.

3.  I just upgraded the MR500 with the latest firmware.  Today is the first day the firmware appeared on the website as it was not there yesterday.

IMPORTANT:  The new firmware has brought back the OneMesh hidden network problem which was solved with the beta firmware.  There is no way to disable it.  I have reverted back to the beta firmware that you provided earlier.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 5

Related Articles