Archer T600U Nano slow download speed, upload is fine

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer T600U Nano  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an Archer T600U Nano installed on my partner's desktop PC. We have 100mbps internet in this house, which realistically translates to about 80-100mbps download and 20mbps upload speed on all the devices installed on it (my pc, her laptop, and both our phones).

However, while the upload speed on her PC is on par with the upload speed of any other device on the network (around 20mbps), the download speed is atrocious. Averages around 5mb/s but fluctuates between about 7 and 0.5mbps.

Running windows 10 home, and the latest win10 drivers from the TP-link website. Running on 2.4ghz wifi as the PC is just too far away from the modem for 5ghz to have a stable connection. Link speed says it's about 57mbps. I don't even care if the speed gets to 80mbps. A stable 40 or 50 would be fine.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T600U Nano slow download speed, upload is fine
2 weeks ago

@SnubDisphenoid 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know how far away the wireless adapter is from the Wi-Fi router?

Have you tested if the mobile phone is next to the wireless adapter and connected to the 2.4GHz, how much is the wireless speed on the mobile phone?

It is suggested to change the wireless channel on the main router first, such as channel 11/ channel width 40MHz.

You could also install the following driver to see whether it helped:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2024/202405/20240527/RTWlanUSB_WindowsDriver_1030.44.0408.2024_Drv_3.00.0043_TS.L(153650).zip

Since the 2.4GHz wireless frequency is easily affected by other wireless signals, such as Zigbee/Bluetooth, the 2.4GHz WiFi band is always crowded. With the link speed of 57mbps, the expected download could be 20-30mbps.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options